1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All the WVU fans say Hell Yeah!

Discussion in 'General' started by Guoseph, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Vengance at last! Go Mountaineers! :D

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

VT was way over-rated. But WVU is doing better than my poor Gamecocks. At least we can brag that we whupped WVU in the Carquest bowl in '94. And we beat OSU the past two years in the Outback bowl. :p

3. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

But what are you going to be able to say after this weekend, Jay?

4. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Can we report this filth to a moderator....this is a family site, and there is no need to discuss the games you play with your....oh.....nevermind.:eek:

5. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

I must be living in a dream world...

B.S. - Journalism, West Virginia Univesity 1998

Master's - City & Regional Planning - Clemson University, 2004

Yep, I get the best of both worlds this week. Finally we break the curse and actually have a hell of a game and hell of a season for once (WVU's 8-3 thus far, 5-1 in conference, with only one game remaining -- Little Sisters of the Poor, er, I mean Pitt).

Then the Tigers get to beat up on the limp cocks this weekend and send Lou Holtz and gang back to Columbia in tears. Yesiree, it's good to be me every once in a hundred years or so...

-Wish

6. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Wish and Stumpy, This weekend will determine who has bragging rights for the next year. I hope we both can agree that neither team has beat anyone of significance. It's a coin toss as to who wins this one. It's looking better for CU as Whitehurst has stepped up. Our QB was playing safety against UF last week. I'm sure that one of us will surface on the bbs after the the game for a little gloating. :cool:
    And Tex....get back to your knitting! :D

Kith & UGA Dawg? What can you about dem Dawgs? I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! Hey, we'll take DJ Shockly if y'all don't need him. Congrats on a great season. :cool:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2002
  7. JRMAC

JRMAC Active Member

Pitt is going to walk all over Miami tonight. It will scare WVU all the way back to the inbreading grounds from where they came:cool: Miami will be so heart broken that they lost their national championship, that upon their return the the city will break off Florida and float away to cuba;)

8. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Thanks, Jay! :DWho woulda thought, huh? After the loss to Florida I thought we would fold. But we fought it out and figured it out. And I certainly don't think that Florida is a better team than us. We simply played the worst football in that game that I have ever had the displeasure of watching. I am just now able to talk about it without getting red faced.

:mad:

But, hey, we did a fairly good job this year. I wish that Richt would abandon this two QB system. He never lets either of them get into a decent groove before they have to worry about getting yanked.

9. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

I was going to reply to WISH, but JRMAC did it better than I could have. :) Thank you.

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

If I was a betting man, I'd have to take that one. Miami is not to be underestimated. They have as much speed as Oklahoma this year and possibly the best QB in the NCAA in Ken Dorsey. You had better believe Larry Coker knows he's playing for the National Championship, and Miami will refuse to lose. If McGahee can be stopped, big if, Pitt may have a chance. Pitt has surprised a few teams this year, but I predict Miami won't be one of them. My call Miami 34, Pitt 13

I also predict Mich over OSU to really shake up the BCS.

11. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

hehehe...hohoho

My little brother is now being scouted by UGA, USC, Clemson, Southern Miss, and Marshall. :D Where should he go guys?

12. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

If he's a WR, SS, CB or QB, he should go to USC. He'll play immediately. We need him badly! :)

13. JRMAC

JRMAC Active Member

Miami is favored by 20 1/2 right now. That may even go up before kickoff. I'd take PITT against just about anybody. Pitt has not beaten a number one since man thought the earth was flat. I believe they lost to Miami last year as well when they were #1. I'd say they are about due. I wonder who Ohio State is pulling for. They pulled one out. They better play better than that next time

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

He's the best darn high school kicker in Georgia right now. :)

15. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

If he can kick off turf, we can use a kicker too. Only problem is Lou Holtz doesn't normally offer scholies for kickers until they prove they can kick off of the ground. They are allowed to use a tee or a pad in high school. I know he's probably leaning to UGA, but I'm sure he'd love to have Lou Holtz as a mentor. However, Richt's statement after beating Auburn made me a Mark Richt fan. Your brother can't go wrong with USC or UGA. Best of luck to your brother. :cool:

16. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Hehe, I started crying when he made that statement. :cool: :) If my brother got to choose it would definately be UGA. He doesn't care if he gets a scholie or not, just a commitment from a school.

17. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Yes, a paradox...

Agreed. It's a real situation we've got going here - one of the greatest rivalries in college football, yet one of the most mediocre games of the week. It's only important to (1) SC residents and (2) people interested in Bowl matchups. <sigh>

As for Pitt - too bad there's not an emoticon for tongue in cheek. They'll probably beat up on WVU pretty bad - the only competition we've had all year, Miami and Maryland, we lost. Hell, we even lost to now '1-6 in conference' Wisconsin. But it's just great to see us as 8-3 and stay blissfully drunk until next week when reality may or may not come crashing back down around us.

However, just because they can beat WVU doesn't mean they have a chance against Miami. You'd better switch back to IC Light, b/c the real stuff is twisting your brain. Pitt hasn't won in the Orange Bowl since Kennedy was in office. It took them 20 years just to beat a top 3 team period, and they've never knocked down a #1 team. I don't know what the official line is on the game, but I'd never in a million years take Pitt unless you got the points, too, like 24-27 points or more.

-Wish

18. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Dude, IC Light is nasty, IC anything is nasty.

19. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

I'm a Pitt grad/fan, but I don't honestly think they're going to beat Miami, either. I'm sure as hell going to watch the game though! They're driving me nuts this year...shoulda beat TT...shoulda beat the damn Irish...:mad: Ah well.

Oh yeah, Guoseph's right, Iron in any form sucks.

Edit for typos

20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar