1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best races this year?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sitdownicantsee, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Sitdownicantsee

Sitdownicantsee i done did it

taking opinions on some of the best races this year - motogp/wsbk/ama?

my vote would be the vale/stoner duel at laguna.

2. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

WSS by far damn near every race was a great race 2nd would go to WSBK

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Hayes and Zemke had some good battles. But Rossi passing Stoner at the corkscrew and Hayes inside pass on Sofaglow at Portagal are the bestest passes.

David

4. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

250 Motogp race at Phillips Island hands down.

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The Dutch WSS race was, by far, my favorite race to watch this year. It's still on the TiVo. I don't think I'll ever delete it. The last WSS race was a close second, but I think that's just because I was pulling for Josh so much. As far as a sheer display of motorcycling talent, watching Kiyonari in the wet was simply amazing.

Seeing Blake Young run down Yates on the last lap and then pass him on the outside of the last corner of the last lap in the wet at Road America was awesome too.

The Red Bull Rookie Cup races had their moments as well.

Oh, and having Dane Westby put our bike in the Top 10 in FX for the first time this year in Atlanta was a personal highlight for me.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

+1
    BSB was great this year as well as MotoGP.

AMA was by far the most boring crappy series on the planet except the odd SS Yamaha duel. I tried watching a few but I'd rather give a cat a pedicure.

7. caferace

caferace No.

Yup. More passes in that race during one lap, lap after lap than in 5 races in MotoGP.

But Laguna did rock and surprised the hell out of everyone.

-jim

8. HadBen

HadBen Well-Known Member

I kind of enjoyed Race 2 at the Road Atlanta AMA Superbike race this year. But then, that's just me.

9. There were other battles besides the showdown at Laguna?

10. caferace

caferace No.

Actually, attending the Indy GP was the race(s) of the year for me, regardless of the weather. That rocked.

-jim

11. vance

vance *

Still got it on tivo.
    The wife gets bored watching any race, and she was even jumping around when he would step it out.

12. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

FTMFW yes. I loved the podium press conference, they looked like they were going to hug.

Best. Race. 2009.

It now appears that great minds think alike.

-or-

Too much rain.

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

AMA Supercross at Daytona this year in the rain was one of the best for me... That was a siiiick race.

Also Josh and Ben's Yamaha Barber dual

14. Chip

Chip Registered

AMA Superstock race from Fontana this year.....

15. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

WSB for me as a consistanly good show. I liked WSS better when Josh Hayes joined in. WSB has the players!!! I keep hoping those boys will get to Barber!!! MGP had a few good rounds, but mostly a snoozer. I like all the AMA 600 stuff. Usually good close racing at the front with solid dices close behind. AMA SB was dull, except for some of the charges Ben Spies put in.
    Don't forget the usual excellent racing in the Suz Cup at the GNF! Always a great show.

16. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

WSS Assen
    WSB Assen
    MotoGP Laguna
    Wsbk donnington? Kionari's rain win

17. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I almost forgot: watching Nicky at Indy dealing w/Ike was pretty damn cool!

18. buellucifer9s

buellucifer9s Active Member

+1

19. R6addict

R6addict shaking the minds of BBS

:stupid::up: Close second would be the Graves Supersport battle at Barber with lil bit stealing the win away from Boz