1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with dog poop...

Discussion in 'General' started by Nicky v, Sep 17, 2008.

1. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

There's also a product called "Doggie Dooley". You dig a hole, install it, put in lime, it's like a mini septic system for dog poo.

I have a wooded area in my yard, I just shovel it in there!

2. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Vapoorize!:D

3. mineshaved

mineshaved product of my enviroment

save all the plastic bags you get.. i have 1 yellow lab and she craps alot so i put all her waste in there and then just through it out in the weekly trash pickup

4. Nicky v

Nicky v Well-Known Member

This is why I love the WERA board

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Actually, the plastic babs do much more harm than good if they go to the landfill. The best product out there is this guy:

http://www.radiofence.com/waste-removal/doggie_dooley.htm

If you are concerned about burn spots on your lawn, pick one spot and drop the poo there. If you have agarden or compost heap, even better. Just toss it on and let it decompose.

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Just mow the gawd damn shit.

7. davegsxrold929r

davegsxrold929r Well-Known Member

its alot of extra work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

LOL

8. heavy penny

heavy penny I like to make slide

Don't put it out with your boots, Ted.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

you can get biodegradable bags from any petstore. if you want the real good ones, get the ones approved by the california epa.

theyre even scented. throw them into your trash. or there are companies you can hire who wll come out on a regular basis and take care of it for you.

if you have well water, putting any kind of shit into the ground is not a great idea. duh.

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

"Don't tell me my buisness devil woman. Call the fire department, this one's out of control"

11. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

That depends on your land conformation and the depth of your well. If you have a lot of fieldstone and not a lot of ground, no it's not a good idea, but if you have a good base of black dirt, sand, clay and then bedrock it's the best filter out there.

12. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

13. Teutsch2

Teutsch2 Active Member

All these suggestions would work just fine, myself on the other hand will load up a garbage bag for about 3-4 weeks with all the poo. Then when it’s about 25-30lbs I just throw it in the trash, I double bag it of course so it doesn’t rip when its dumped into the truck.

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I toss it in the recycle can so the 4AM can cruisers get a surprise for waking me and my dog up. They did it again this morning, I wouldn't care if they were quiet but there's two guys that like to yell to each other as they glean the cans and bottles. Wakes me up and all the dogs in the neighborhood start barking.

15. Booty Freak

Booty Freak Well-Known Member

I buy the pink bags from Petsmart. They are around
    $10 bucks for a 100 of them. Each bag can hold multiple loads by using
    the Booty Freak method. I fill one up as much as possible before I tie it
    off. One box using last a month. I average two a day.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

But where does the poo go?

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Several of the people around me let their dogs use my yard when they walk them. Assholes.

18. joec

joec brace yourself

yep, your right. but unless he knows those things for sure, best to steer clear. when i worked at the shelter, we had a bad water contamination problem. but your talking about quite a few animals, cats, dogs etc....for years and years. (almost 100 years and almost as many animals regularly) we had a pond we tried to stock, the fish died from high nitrate and coliform levels and that was probably 1/4 mile away. we had an extensive filtration and purification system, and we still never drank the water. its just a heads up. something to keep in mind.

also, if your dog contracts something like parvo, and youre unaware, and then you put that in the ground, you could be contaminating your property for a very very long time. you wont be able to have a pet in your yard for months without running a serious risk of an animal contracting it.

we use a small garbage can, collect it in a bag in the can, then it goes into the trash, double bagged.

19. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I actually use a Home Depot bucket with the lid and put a bag in it. Now the bucket stays clean and you just have a bag to throw out and it doesn't smell like $hit everywhere

20. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

My neighbor has a Lab like mine, I just throw mine over the fence into his yard. He thinks his dog has a bowel problem. :beer: