1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja 250 class for 09?

Discussion in 'General' started by CWN racing, Aug 18, 2008.

1. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

Just checking out RRW and read the article on the 250's. Im thinking about coming back to racing in 09 now that my business is up and running and am interested in this class to get back in the groove of things. I've read about wera doing a class for next season but if it only regionals/nationals? SS rules? any info would be great.
    thanks

2. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

I would be interested to get more info on this also. if its true i will for sure be kicking myself for selling my 08 250 :( but there is always the 09's :)

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kick yourself.

4. CWN racing

Mongo, do you have any idea when you'll be releasing info on this class?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

November-ish.

6. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

:(:(:(

since you asked for suggestions in the other thread. how about making it expert and novice all in one class. like the 125's

7. CWN racing

Okee dokee

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why?

9. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I actually tried really hard to get a small series going a long time ago. For a while it was with Derbi's! I wanted the crew-chiefs to race during one of the AMA events. Hahaha

Here's my 2 cents (not that anyone asked):
    Would be a fun class and I certainly support the concept!
    I think a 250 class would be more easier and attract more than the super-singles class.
    The cost of outfitting a 250 is no different than that of a similarly SV650 except the starting price of the bike. Dampner is about the same, time to safety is about the same, parts / labor. All very close. Just don't think that because the bike costs 1/2 as much that it'll all cost 1/2 as much when it's done.
    The 08s will whoop anything previous so you'd almost have to have 2 classes or make 08+ SS and less thans SB? 09s with injection may even trump that idea.
    Like that article a "production / homoglation" class would be cool. "You're allowed to use any combination of the following products. Anything else is considered illegal and we'll throw your bike in the dumpster."
    IF a production class then min and max weights would be fun as hell (cause then I could play!).
    People will show up with a LOT of crap. Because there's so many old 250s sitting in peoples garages. They don't age well at all. I've already seen some come through the shop that could make it to the race track but I wouldn't ride it. Hell I wouldn't stand in the front row when it came by! And if they make it right they could of fitted out a MV F4 by the time all the money is spent.
    I sincerely believe it would be the most watched race of the day. You could almost call it "The Parking Lot Racer Class".
    Just like the old GS posse: start buying motors. Either for yourself or to horde and make profit on later! Hahaha
    And lastly: some think "well it's only a EX250." It'll hurt you just as bad but maybe not as fast as anything else out there.
    But all in all I'd support that class anyway I could. Marietta Motorsports EX250 Production A and B? :D :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I call bullshit on you not riding something - the only question is how late into the evening it is :D

11. Huey130

I guess I should of said "competatively".
    Errr.... "actually on the track."
    Nope... Um... "actually in a race on a track when theres supposed to be a race going on. And in / on something that's similar to what the other competitors are using!" Yeah that's it!

12. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

just figure it would allow for a bigger grid and not take up as much space in the race day schedule and it would make for great trash talk when a novice rider beats up on an expert :up:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, everything you've listed would happen keeping em separate. My only concern is that Novices wouldn't race because in theory they'd always get beaten by the experts.

14. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

;) Gotcha that makes since. less intimidation for the novice to start racing. lets do it :)

15. CWN racing

im in, 09 if FI? even better. Can i come back as a novice? 2 year layoff:)

16. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

is there that big a difference in performence between the old & new bikes?

I thought the updated EX250 had all the emissions garbage & was a bit down on power compared to the older gen

how much difference between 17RWHP & 18.3RWHP can you feel anyway LOL

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Big difference in laptimes.

18. Liren

Liren Sippy Cup Siren

Those of us running the 250s this year have seen the difference (though I think some of it is also attributed to the rider). The 08 in our little group turned 1:14s at Tally in June. The best pre-08 model 250 laptime at Tally was this past weekend - a 1:15. The rest of us are turning 1:20s or worse there. The 08 has had suspension, race tires, and jetting work - all of which are easier to do on the 08 than the older gen. The rest of us are a mixed bag of mods.

19. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

Oh please tell me this will be regional!!! This would be SOO much fun.

20. Huey130

Suspension and jetting would cost / be the same between older and newer. Race tires not so much.