Long hours, low pay...(Need a mechanic for AMA/Barber)

Discussion in 'General' started by Renaissance man, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

I am bringing one of my students to the AMA/Barber round for his first AMA National. I need one or two folks to help. If you are an aspiring mechanic that wants to get some AMA experience, this could be the hot ticket for you. Would like to get two folks so that you can goof off one day while the other guy works (best ticket in the house).

Will pay for Crew pass/AMA membership as well as daily food/drink. Experience a plus, but not needed. My last student was Shea Fouchek with Erion Honda, so you might get a chance to say, "Hey I knew that guy when..."

Duties include:

1) Hauling and setting up canopies/tools/tire warmers on pit road and paddock pit.

2) Keep lap times

3) Conduct general maintenance

If I need to do suspension work, you are more than welcome to get some free training. We keep sheets on the bikes like most AMA teams, so you will get a chance to figure out what it is somewhat like on some teams.

If you are interested, email me at [email protected] The rider you would be working with is Danny Kelsey. He was the CMRA rookie expert last year and qualified on the front row for every race at the Mid-Ohio/GNC races that he entered (7) during the 2007 AMA GNC races.

He is very nice kid and very fast.

Marcus

2. g.mccormick

g.mccormick Well-Known Member

email sent

3. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

can i take one of the positions and goof off both days? =P

4. Renaissance man

Sure, you work for the government? :D

5. Tornacl

Tornacl 1teampolevault

You have pm and email Mr. Mcbain...:)
    Jody

6. Dezmo

Dezmo addicted to the trackpipe

damn, I would so jump on this if there was a chance in hell I could get a friday and saturday off from wrenching at my regular job.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Marcus, +10 for this one...:)

Sup Jody?

8. teampolevault

teampolevault Well-Known Member

Hey Britt, thanks for the vote:D I dont think Marcus knows exactly how much food and drink I can consume on a race weekend;)
    Jody

9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I'm no "mechanic", but I can swap tires with the best of them.

Email sent. :)

10. Renaissance man

Thanks guys, I got about 15 replies. Cody, if Britt recommends you...you are wanted for us! :D

I will send out some emails this weekend, so if you sent a PM or an email I apologize if I don't respond or call back until this weekend.

Thanks for the replies.

Marcus

11. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I'll be there anyway, so if you need a little quick help, just let me know. I'm probably gonna help Vosnick if he gets out there and wants my help too.

12. cscott3518

cscott3518 Active Member

email sent

13. teampolevault

Fixed that for you;) Just lemme know....
    Jody

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

JODY,
    Yeah but your help More than out weighs any thing you could consume...
    How's the little guy doing?

15. teampolevault

Karson is doing great,I am coaching his tee-ball team this year.If you ever need a good laugh then watch a tee-ball game... nothing like the entire team chasing the ball and the small dog pile that results when one finally gets to the ball but gets knocked over by the mob:D They look like a swarm of ants running around...

Tell Matt I said good luck at Barber,tell the wifey/boss howdy for me.If Marcus picks me to help then I could tell yall in person.;)
    Jody

16. Tornacl

Tornacl 1teampolevault

Marcus, you have pm...

17. Mark91ex

Mark91ex Leg-Over!

You have PM BIAAATCH!!!!!!

18. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

You can bring me drinks and gas up the bike :D
    Yes, I will be racing.

19. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

wow, awesome opportunity.
    wish I could apply (beg) for the chance to help but I have to leave early from the track that Saturday to get down to Daytona so I can start at Wyotech on Monday lol