First Dirtbike/ATV ? in MD

Discussion in 'General' started by D-Nice, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I totally agree, there are plenty of places to ride a quad, no need to trash the single track stuff. Also if you're in an ORV park stay on the trails! Just because you can go anywhere you want doesn't mean you should....

2. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

3. D-Nice

D-Nice Well-Known Member

Nah. I posted here cause it seems like whatever I ask, someone seems to know something about it.

Right now I really don't have a preference between a dirtbike or quad but good friends who started with dirtbikes now swear by quads. I guess I'll have to ride both and see what I like best.

4. D-Nice

D-Nice Well-Known Member

5. D-Nice

D-Nice Well-Known Member

I have guys all the time asking me what size racebike or streetbike I recommend for them. Especially for race bikes but also for streetbikes I steer them to the smaller sizes (i.e. 600). So I wonder is it hypocritical of me to consider something like a Raptor 700...hmmm...

6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

an EX 300 is a perfect quad. Plenty of power, pretty much maintenance free and Honda reliable! Great for the trails because it has reverse too. If I used it more I wouldn’t even consider selling it. It’s bullet proof!

7. D-Nice

D-Nice Well-Known Member

Responded to your PM. Thanks

8. random hero

random hero Banned

I dont think it's hypocritical at all.. its not the raced-out yzf450 quad, i had a 660, it was perfect, had gobb's of power, had reverse.. rode perfect, and handled well at high speeds. I would say that raptor 700 is probably the best all-around quad out there, can really do anything you'd want

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummm, no it can't :D

Would suck pulling a trailer as a crash quad for one thing.

10. ViperRy

ViperRy Highsiding to the moon

i'm 6'2 195 and ride a raptor 450... love it. There are a number of legal trails and not so legal. Not so legal are ones like the pits in laurel and the trails in Bowie/Crofton. Then you got legal ones like green ridge state forest which is pretty cool. Camp n' ride.

11. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I have a KLX250 and I am going to a KTM 300 2-stroke.

12. Jefe

Jefe Wannabe

Be careful. It's a highly addicting bike. :D

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

If You can find a Kawi KXT 250 Tecate, or a Honda 250R (both 3 wheelers), your riding skills and fun factor will greatly increase.

14. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Quads are Ghey, mkay?

Get a 450R and be done with it.

Never rode mx before this bike, so it can be a n00b bike.

15. D-Nice

D-Nice Well-Known Member

I know about the ones in Laurel. I used to work by there and saw people riding all the time. I heard they got "hot" years ago when a kid crashed there and his parents sued the owners of the property.

16. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Tons of trails behind the Clinton Library. Some nice covered bridges and shallow creeks to ride in. They meet up to the power lines where there are some nice existing trails.