1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber Wedding Celebration - MarkB and SamB

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mark, I hope to but I've got a few weeks of travel for work coming up. If it works out the way I have it planned I'll be in hotels more often than I'm home for Sept and Oct.

2. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Well, if you can make it I would be honored if you would wear a dog-collar and bless the two of us in true K-style' :up:

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

yea Dave!!! I guess i'll have to dig up the post where you said you wouldnt miss this event for ANYTHING! :)

4. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Congrats Mark:up:
    I will be there Sat. and Sunday.
    If you need any help, let me know.
    It will be really good to see you again:beer:

5. ToddClark

Just got off the phone with Heather at Barber, 100% ok with them, WERA says its a go for them, waiting on 5 star catering to get back in touch with me to set the details of the food.

I do need to ask, any of you guys that are attending, if you have any extra ez ups, tables, chairs that you could loan us to use for the evening on Sat. afternoon, i would GREATLY appreciate it. Looks like this thing is gonna be a go. :up: Good times, good times.

6. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Todd,
    It was nice riding with you at Tally last weekend:up:

7. ToddClark

now if only i could keep up with ya! :)

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Todd,

I can pull my ezup down and move it to wherever you need. Plus, you know I pretty much travel alone so will have nothing to do Sat after racing and will be more than happy to help you in any way possible with setup or whatever; just let me know Sat at Barber. I won't arrive until Sat morning so I am sure I will be pitted at the back 40.

Mark B: I haven't met you but look fwd to the opportunity. Seems like I meet all my new friends on the BBS!

BTW: I have a sound system and mics if needed. Lemme know!!!

Morris

9. jenn305

jenn305 Well-Known Member

mark, todd - there will be 4 or 5 of us coming in from Columbia. We are not racing so we will be able to help with whatever you need us to do. Can't wait!!

10. ToddClark

:up: look me up when you get there, i just may put you to work.

11. Karl912

Karl912 all about cool down lap.

Hey Mark,
    Let me know if ya need music/system for ceremony and reception. My offer still stands from when I stopped by. I'll even try not to fart over the mic as long as Lee or Robyn doesn't get drunk and dare me! No charge, Todd gets pretty frisky when he's drinking. Congrats dude!

12. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Mark, Sam, we're looking for a sitter for Mason now so we should be making it out for this. Todd, soon as I get things finalized, let me know if I can help with anything.

13. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Glad to see everything is a go. I'll be there racing so I'll be running around in an orange shirt all weekend. (second provisional weekend):D Mark, I look forward to meeting you and the wife. :up:

14. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Good stuff folks! We are both getting more excited about the whole thing....:)
    Few things from me (for Todd mostly):

- I will book Five Star Catering (on the $12.50 per head menu) for 200 people....should I make it 250? 300??? :eek:
    - Can anyone buy the beer locally and bring it to the track (I'll give you the $$$ obviously...;) ) Need some big plastic tubs with ice in too....
    - We'll be bringing 2 or 3 canopies
    - Music/pa system is going to be provided by Mr Kurt Kessler (thanks pal, and thanks for the offer King Karl...)
    - I need to tell Mr Microphone that we would love for him to marry us...we'll write some (creative) vows....and he can wear a dog collar :up:
    - mild-bachelor party in Atlanta on friday night (after a meal for the family)....open invitation to anyone not at the track already..:)

Can't wait...and thanks again for the help :beer:

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I heard that DaveK will be rapping & stripping at the same time.:D

16. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

If that's the case, we may have to rethink coming to this. :tut: :D

17. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Who ever buys the beer, the Barber track doesn't like glass bottles. Should get cans or kegs. ;)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  18. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Mark, I can't make it, but a huge CONGRATULATIONS to both of you!! Here's to the best of times :beer:

19. Tornacl

Tornacl 1teampolevault

Count down to the PARTY...:beer: Sounds like it is all going down as planned... let us know if anything needs to be brought to help out and I will be there spectating also and am willing to help yall out with whatever is needed...:up:

20. dbc105

dbc105 Well-Known Member

do you have to be a racer or can spectators come by? I was at Nashville in April and plan to be at Barber's but I will be a year or so getting my daughter done with school so I can afford to get started.

DC