1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA moves to a spec tire

Discussion in 'General' started by Knarf Legna, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Strick

Strick Good to be king

It was an 18 lap race after the red flag. So you really can't say it "went the distance" on the same tire.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit. Cheating is cheating. I've even seen some supposed Supersport motor internals that came from your shop that were blatantly illegal. If you want to have a good reputation in this industry you need to remember which motors are to be sold and which to tear back apart. Instead you're right where you are after 26 years. Great job!

3. fourandsix

fourandsix Well-Known Member

Road Atlanta has plenty of say in it as they were the promoter, i think your a bit naive and just love blaming the AMA.

4. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but the fact that there was another management company involved in the decision in no way makes it any better.

5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Don't you have a box of donuts to eat? :D

6. fourandsix

Yes racing in The AMA and doing pretty good at that. Where are you at ?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, no they don't have any say in it. But you can try to use that as an excuse for your buddy if you like.

I actually like Morgan a lot and think he was doing great overall in the new job. But he blew it so big on this one that he eclipsed every bit of good he did all season. There is no way to trust him at this point.

8. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Sorry, I will take my facts and go.:D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That would be a secret now wouldn't it?

10. fourandsix

Well i have had enough fun for the day , just here in atlanta waiting for my flight tommorow. I hope things workout better for everyone in the future and we don't have to disagree on it anymore

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Oh, wait, they changed tires during the red flag????? Wasn't that a catastrophe? :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Now that's funny right there :D

13. fourandsix

Yes i guess it is , thats a whole culture on the internet , hiding

14. Strick

Strick Good to be king

It may have interupted some naps.;)

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly it's necessary at times. But there is nothing I've said you can't prove for yourself.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was too buzzing on all the damned Rockstar floating around to nap.

17. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

I couldn't care less if a guy builds cheater motors or not. There are penalties in place so that if a person gets caught cheating the won't reap the benefits. Now, if a person were using a cheater motor and then argued that the rules should be changed to accomodate their advantage and race direction aquiessed I would throw my hands up and shake my head, much as I did when I read about the shortened races.

18. fourandsix

Only if you have something to hide i guess , when we sell bikes people know what they are getting inside. I am sure there are no local racers cheating or ever refuse to take their motors apart. Plus i never hide.

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Who are you?? and where the hell is my Grape KoolAid???:p

20. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Top level teams might be able to swap wheels quickly, and I've seen them do it, but let's face it, a most factory rider's and privateer's races would probably ruined if they had to change tires, especially a privateer's.

I think that too many riders would take the risk of staying out too long, how ever long that is. So yeah, the reality is that riders will be at risk, no matter how you factor in the relative contributions of rider/team manager error on guessing when/if to change tires and the risk of a tire going bad.