1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks From Markb

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, May 9, 2007.

1. JB_Pgh

JB_Pgh Well-Known Member

Mark, I'm pulling for you. I only know you from this site and from the DVD's but I was hugely affected by what happened to you, love your attitude, and I'm praying for your recovery.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

My pc been down a few weeks so i'm behind.

Great news twice from you mark!!!! Congrats on the marriage, y'all looked great:up: & the medical news was just mind blowing:wow: Keep the positive attitude & working hard. When you get better you can kick all of our butts for talking smack to ya.:beer:

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Im thinking about you every day Mark, keep doing what your doing.:up:

4. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

Hey Buddy! Just wanted to let you know that the whole gang in columbia is still thinking about you....

5. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Thanks to everyone for keeping posting best wishes for me:up: ....I've gone home for the weekend. Its strange - the grass is brown and the pool is green :D, but its nice to see the house. Kinda sad to see things I used to use lying in the corner of the garage, soccer boots, dirt bike, cycling helmet etc. Hard to explain what its like going home to all this, but I think you all can imagine.
    Not sure how long they'll keep me at the rehab, but I'll be going home for good soon, and then I got a big wedding celebration at the racetrack to plan for everyone...:beer:

6. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

mark to the b

I need to call you next week or maybe over the weekend. got some news for ya...

glad to hear all the news. Nicola has been keeping me updated when I've been in the office..

I'll give you a shout sunday or monday.

Jeff A

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i heard about that. :)

8. Turn #1

Turn #1 Track Junkie

Mark, how you doin mang??

9. Smithjeb

Smithjeb Well-Known Member

+1

10. MarkB

small update.....its going ok. I have just 1 week left in rehab, and then its back to Rome.

I am a little worried. You need a few sets of muscles to walk, and I have gotten my quads and calfs back, with some ankle movements too. Muscles that I have not gotten back include my hamstrings and glutes (butt). Without those I can kinda stand (in a crouch), but cannot straighten myself to walk.

At the moment there is not even a flicker in these missing muscles......I hope each day that they will wake up. They say I have up to 2 years to wait for these things to come back, and I'm at just under 3 months - so not time to panic yet. But I would love to have all my boys flickering and ready to work.

Anyway. thats my update.....ok, but I'm kinda worried......

Oh, and Todd gave me some serious money from the account he set up. I am blown away by the generosity of you all. I will start a new thread to thank for that when I get a moment to think how to word it.....Honestly, I am blown away.

Thanks. so very much.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Keep the faith bubba. Sounds like you're closer to Bargy style than in a chair and that's damned good.

Now that you're rich the first round is on you :D

12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Thats great news Mark:up: :up:

13. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

He said "butt". :D

Mark, no one is harder on you than you. Keep believing as we all believe. Your butt will come around in time. :)

14. MarkB

I try to keep the faith, but I wont lie to you, worrying about these damn non-flickering muscles scares me.

But yeah - I owe alot of beers. I'm gonna feed that damn paddock at my wedding celebrations at Barber in September - and it sucks you wont be there Mongo.

Oh - I want to ride my 748 on the track one more time. I reckon there are thumb air shifters out there. If I am placed on the bike and my feet are zip-tied to the pegs, and 2 guys push me off and hold the bike when I return.....well I reckon that would be rather cool.....:)

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We can work something out I'm sure.

Figure it this way - look at how you felt before when nothing worked. Hell, go back and read the posts. Should you be happy? Nah, you're still fucked up, but you are making improvement and none if it has happened overnight.

Stay bummed all you like, you have the right for sure, just don't let it go too far.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Need motivation? I'm your man, Mark. I'll have you chasing after me to kill me in no time. :D

17. MarkB

Classic! and that is why I love you man...:D

Yup, I still am fucked up, and I'd lie if I said it doesnt get me down sometimes. but I hear you, and I bounce back pretty quick. I do float up and down, and fortunately its far more up than down. I know I'll be ok in the end - even if this is all the movement I get. Its just hard sometimes not to get carried away with my dreams of walking....

18. MarkB

:D Running to kick your ass would be sweet.......one day Mr. K...one day...:beer:

19. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Mark, just keep working. I'd say you've made damn commendable progress, especially in the short amount of time you've been in therapy. And I would definitely say short considering three months ago you were under the belief that not only would you never walk again, you would never even stand. But you are starting to stand. Keep working. Its worth the fight, by far. You've come too far to give up on your progress. I'm sure it feels like you're hitting a stumbling block, but you'll get through it. Just keep busting your ass. I have every faith you'll walk again. Just keep going and doing what you're doing.:up:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That reminds me, yell if you need the house prepped in any way to accommodate you and whatever gear you're using just yell. I've got some tools and a truck and can get weekdays off if necessary.