1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riders down at BeaveRun

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffrop, Jun 3, 2007.

1. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

How many single bike crashes have happened over the years in turn 9 at Beaver? I would suspect not many due to the nature of it. It seems like there are always crashes there from bikes trying to make risky passes through that section.

2. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

Larry, Don't know you but got a good view of your crash. There was a pack of 3 or 4 bikes right behind you including me when you spun up out of turn 4. We scattered as you were flying through the air. I think you could have tossed a blanket over all of us. Get well Bro.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Answering question on here is part of my real work too, just not yours.

4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Now you have got to admit that this is kind of funny coming from someone who has almost 6000 posts and this site ISN'T directly related to their job.

5. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

kovack you bastard,

i rode saturday and managed to do ok. i was really sore over night though after the solo. i went to the ER yesterday and found out i rode with 2 broken ribs in my back. had to get a CT scan to make sure that they didn't cause any internal bleeding. i have to go to an orthp. tomorrow and found out if i did and damage to my knee. (that was my good knee, damn it)

as far as what happend from what i saw you and another guy were coming through the kink a little different than i do. so (i was gonna just scoot by on the outside) last i remember is seeing the guy in front of you check up and then you checked up and drifted outside to avoid a collision and i was haulin' ass and wasn't anticipating the change. so i was gonna ass pack you or take my chances in the dirt. i never thought i would make it all the way to the wall in ten. i dragged the rear break as much as i could to scrub off some speed, but just couldn't stop. i am more pissed at my self than anything. iwas there last week at a private lapping day and was putting down 1:00 times on old tires and really thought i could do well this weekend. so, hopefully i wil be ready to go for July or august.

on the safety at beaverun, i spoke with one of the main investors and they want to move the armco and the tire wall in 10 back as part of the comstruction of the new track. until then i have suggested a gravel pit in turn 1 and 10. i think that would have slowed the bike down much quicker. (more like turn one at summit) so i will keep you guys posted and hopefully we can get something done. how deep do you guys think the gravel needs to be? i am thinking at least a foot ,huh?

as far as 9 (the kink) it's just one of those turns that you take your chance when passing there. the entry is OK it's the exit that bites you. if another guy changes his line just a bit it can be a real problem.

the wera official/corner workers were over to me in an instant. i told them i couldn't get up and they had the ambulance out there fast. funy thing was that by the time i got back my boys had the tire warmers on the bike and ready to go. so.. thanks to them!

hope dan and the other guys are doing well and hopefully we can all get back out there asap.

just do me a favor, if you guys need parts for your bike do a COD and don't buy shit from mel at speed technologies. you won't get it and if you do it will be f@#$ed up.

last, kovak can you post or send me the pic of my daughter and me on the mini. [email protected]

thanks!

peace!:beer:

6. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

hey matt,

see what happens when you don't pit for me. i go from the podium to an ambulance.

i go thursday to get the knee checked out. hopefully it's just a bad sprain. the ligament damage concerns me the most. the ribs are killin' me. don't even know how i rode the solo. :confused:

give me a buzz!

cya

7. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I agree.........especially people attempting to make pointless risky passes during practice

8. icantslowdown

icantslowdown Well-Known Member

haven't you harped on the pointless risky passes enough?

9. gpstar748

apparently not

10. gpstar748

but now I am :rolleyes:

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Take care of yourself.

And no, I wasn't there. I totally pussed out because of all sorts of total dumbass/sore-ass issues and my concerns about the rain that never happened. I'm a 9.6 on the Kessler scale.

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

damn, you got more dodges that a lawyer.............

13. Ducpimp

Ducpimp Well-Known Member

Dan glad to see you are doing well. If you need any help from the Pgh connection just yell.

Best wishes and speedy recovery to all that crashed over the weekend from the whole EPR team!

14. Ducpimp

Chris,

Glad to hear you are doing better pal, it was a scary weekend for many! I tell you your better half did very well as I think I was freakin out more than her. :up:

Hope to see you guys at Summit if you feel well enough if not I can not wait for the beach man, we all need some time off.

Oh my last parting note is :Puke: :Puke: :Puke:

15. Ducpimp

Tony,

Glad you are doing well brother. Boy it was a rough weekend....

16. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Like i said, I'm a 9.6.:D

17. rob748

rob748 Well-Known Member

crash T1

I am deeply sorry for hitting your dad, l was in a tough battle with the rider infront of me and we came upto him in T1, l miss judged the speed and line your dad was taking and once l realized l was going to hit him l stood it on it nose the best l could to try and miss him but the front tucked. it was a bad move by me. it is hard to judge the speed of a lapped rider.
    l don't think l was any faster going into the corner than l had been before, turn 1 was fast corner for me.

QUOTE !
    ''people who were standing near by and they described it as one guy being out of control and smashing into the other guy ''

if you did not see the crash please do not make statements like this, the speed difference between us would make it look like this

Once again l am very sorry for taking out your father and wish him a speedy recovery

18. rob748

rob748 Well-Known Member

DAN

Dan, get well soon, hope to see you at the track soon

Larry, heal up soon

it will be atleast a month for me the bike is toast and the peg did a good number on my leg plus l feel you l got run over by a truck

MY video quit half way into the SSB race for some reason so no footage of my crash

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I talked to Dan earlier today for about 20 minutes or so. He's in good spirits but still sounds pretty banged up. Apparently at the time of the incident they wanted to air lift him, but for whatever reason (Dan's southern accent likely confusing them :)) they didn't.

He's had a tube through his chest for removing fluid. From what Dan said, it hurt like nothing else. He was getting drops of pain killers that were something like 10x stronger than morphine every 8 seconds. They've just pulled him off of that now and he's on vicodin. He says it's not working as he's still in pretty solid pain. They've also recently pulled the tube out of his chest, which sounded like a good thing. That whole chest tube bit sounded like it hurt like hell.

The doctor said he's doing really well, and is about 3 days ahead of schedule. They've got him doing some PT, but not too much moving. He may be able to leave fairly soon it sounded like (he sounded like within the next day or so even).

He tried to explain the incident as best as he could, saying he thought he was past the other bike at the time, and that he's always tried to leave room on passes. Obviously something went wrong and he feels bad about the whole situation. He also doesn't remember if he hit the guardrail or not.

Get well soon buddy ..

20. smtMICH

smtMICH Well-Known Member

in response to.......

Mongo, I think your response is illogical. Sooo you are trying to say that we can't put a barrier up in 9 because we don't have anything for the inside of turn 4. We're not talking about the entire track, we're talking about the most dangerous turn, turn 9. It's very expensive to buy enough "bubble wrap" for the entire track, so it would seem logical to start with the most dangerous part of the track and move on from there.