1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slipper clutch on 05 gsxr 600

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 1badass1k5, Feb 4, 2006.

1. 1badass1k5

1badass1k5 Active Member

anyone put one on?any helpful tips?? thanks in advance

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I'm putting one on my 04 tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. I believe you just follow the instructions like you're putting in a regular clutch but switch plates one and two(the ones closest to the engine)

3. 1badass1k5

1badass1k5 Active Member

how bout the two rings that are installed first?

4. stow

stow Well-Known Member

Two schools of thought. Don't use them or move them up to the outside of the steel plate closest to the engine. I did the latter according to the Yoyodyne instructions. Speedwerks suggests to not even use them. I have no idea what they are for, but my slipper clutch is working great.

5. stealthpot

stealthpot Active Member

I am in the middle of replacing my clutch in an 04 GSXR 750 with the yoyodyne slipper. According to the instructions, I am supposed to use a "Spyder Spring" but one didn't come in the box? Am I hosed, or do I not need this?

Any help is appreciated. trying to get her back together for a track day on Monday!!!!

6. stow

stow Well-Known Member

I am not sure what the spyder spring is, but you just throw out the two inner small rings at the back of the clutch and move the back clutch fiber up one and the rest installs like the stock hub. Nothing special.

Good luck.

7. stealthpot

stealthpot Active Member

Here is a picture from the installation instructions:

[​IMG]

The instructions tell me that this "spring" should go after the clutch basket, but there was nothing like this in the box. Old instructions maybe?

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Wrong instructions I would say. Probably for a different bike. Stow and I had similar installations and both instaled in minutes, same bike.

9. stealthpot

stealthpot Active Member

I will disreguard. Thank you everyone for your help. Always know I can count on my WERA friends even though I moved back to Texas!

10. gsxrwut

gsxrwut Member

how much did runing one of these clutches cost ya ?

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

They run close to $900.

12. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

YOYODYNE 795.00 IF YOU WANT ONE PM.

13. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Not sure on a slipper, but these are for street squids who don't want to hear the clutch noise. Commonly called jetter (sp?) springs. They essentially keep things snug so the noise is reduced. think the back plates for the brake calipers - simply keeps noise down. Remove and throw out...