How safe is fedex?

Discussion in 'General' started by Handicapped Racer, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

How safe are they, would you trust them to deliver a un-wrapped expensive package. Need to make a shipping decision.

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i wouldn't trust ANYONE to ship an expensive unwrapped package.

at least black paint it out. better yet, spend a small amount of dosh on a box.

3. I would trust them to ship a concealed expensive package, but im not so sure about unwrapped. All of the shipping companies have a few shady people working for them here and there.

Overall, I do feel that fed ex is the most reliable. They aslo have insurance that you can go for.

What is the package?

4. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Keep in mind that the faster the shipping method, the safer it is. The package will sit around way less as an overnight parcel than as a ground shipment parcel.

5. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

FedEx and UPS both allow you to insure the item you are shipping. Both probably have shady individuals working for them.

With UPS, anything over $1000 (Excess value) requires a signature from the UPS employee accepting that item for shipment. I'm going to presume that's to avoid fraud on our part, but if someone in Brown has signed for it, it's probably less likely to be pilfered, because I'll give you dollars to donuts they started that at the behest of their insurance carrier when large value items went missing and they had to pay the claim.

I use both, and get packages from both. They've been pretty good for the last 18 months or so.

There's also DHL. I don't use them, but many companies do.

6. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

USPS registered mail. the safest way to ship anything of value I think it is upto $100,000 may be 250,000 insurable

7. JLPaskey

JLPaskey ProudPops

Fed Ex is pretty good. They wouldn't let my neighbor sign for some parts I bought on this site. Here's the down side to that. When I walked in and told them my name and address, they handed over the parts without checking my ID, just sign here.

8. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Last package a guy sent to me via USPS took 10 days from Iowa to Milwaukee WI. (Brand spanky new Vanson's, the guy was tweaking!)No wonder they call it snail mail. My postal carrier says they have up to 15 business days to deliver unless you pay to have it expedited.

Also, sending a suit Priority mail is about $8-10 more expensive than using one of the commercial carriers.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I wouldn't trust Jesus H Christ himself to deliver an expensive, unwrapped gift.

10. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

no biggie, i boxed em up and shipped them out today, the packages actually came with boxes so all is well in fedex land.

11. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Fed EX is my choice carrier UPS is ok as well USPS well for junk mail they get big number 1 plate

12. bigx59

bigx59 Banned

Dave, dont say the "JC" word,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:p

13. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Paid in pennies no doubt?

14. mad brad

mad brad Guest

can't write a check to jesus. (without going to hell.)

15. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

FEDEX leaves things on the door step when you dont answer and sometimes at the wrong place, I live in an apartment and many they have left things on my door while I was at work. I was lucky I didnt get home late.

Ty

16. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

My wife is in the jewlery business, they all steal expensive stuff, insured or not one of her packages last week never made it out of the originating shipping dock. They have tried UPS, FEDEX, DHL, the key is overnight, kill the bling, drop stuff off as late as possible for afternoon shipment at the dock.

she has had nearly $100,000 in merchandise stolen in the last 12 months all by shipping companuies.:down: