1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda contacts 04 cbr1000rr warranty motor

Discussion in 'Tech' started by kl954, Nov 9, 2006.

1. kl954

kl954 Well-Known Member

I was checking to see if anyone had any names at Honda who could help out with a Warranty job. I have a cutomers bike (04 cbr1000rr 7,000 miles street bike) with a hole in the case from a rod. Honda's, in my experiance, have had great reliable motors. Anyone have a contact at Honda for Warranty work, or suggestions on how to get Honda to replace motor??

The dealer he bought the bike from told him to go pound sand!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    Kent

2. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Kent

I might have someone who can at least get someone to talk to...no promises on help, though. Lemme see what I can do.

B

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Is that bike still under warranty? What part was defective?

Whoever you talk with at Honda, be polite.

4. kl954

kl954 Well-Known Member

CBr1000rr

Out of warranty, but 99% sure defective part. I have not seen a street Honda throw a rod through the cases before, only 7000 miles. My last street bike Honda had 42,000 no motor work and my old race bike had 13,000 miles or so race miles.

Kent

5. dtalbott

Have you tried Honda's Customer Service number?

6. 418

418 Expert #59

In my experience it is better for the customer to call the OEM, then the OEM customer service people will get in touch with the dealer to get the details.

If the bike has been out of warranty for longer than three months or so, you're probably wasting your time.

I have found Yamaha do some pretty stand up stuff before though. :up:

7. kl954

kl954 Well-Known Member

Nope

Not yet, I wanted to see if someone had a good source before I called a generic number. You always get better service if you have a contact name.

8. dtalbott

This is key. Whoever you talk with at Honda, be polite.

Why did the dealer get upset?

9. kl954

kl954 Well-Known Member

dealer

dealer did not really get upset they basically told him, you are out of warranty and told him rider error caused the motor to throw a rod through the case! I just thought Honda maybe getting in touch with OEM or someone that would not read me an answer off of a screen, but explore this as a case by case basis. I do not even think they took the motor apart to see exactly what caused the break.

10. dtalbott

Have the owner of the bike call Honda Customer service. Be polite. He needs to explain to Honda what happened, and what the dealer said. While he is being polite, have him ask Honda about a "goodwill" repair.

They may still shoot him down, but it's worth trying.

11. 418

418 Expert #59

I wouldn't either, unless the owner was prepared to cough up the money for the teardown when/if Honda rejects the warranty claim. I applaud you for trying to help the guy, but I don't think you have a "case" here, unless this thing just went out of extented warranty, etc. and you can prove a part failure caused the motor issue. And after throwing a rod, doing a post mortem is usually pretty difficult.

Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006