F@ck Traffic Cops

Discussion in 'General' started by RockRocks, Oct 12, 2005.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I actually remember a case about 10 years back in MA on Rt 93 where a guy in a custom Corvette left a cop in the dust, but felt compelled to pull over and let the cop catch up just to tell him he had hit 168 mph during the chase. The cop said there was no other way he would have been caught since he didn't get the plate and it was 3 am so the availability of other cops to intercept was insufficient at that hour.

My fastest speeding stop, btw, was in 1973 when I passed a state cop at about 2 am on that same road while doing 107 in a 1967 slant six Barracuda, and it wasn't easy to get it going that fast.

He let me go without so much as a warning. That would never happen today.

2. LM954RR

LM954RR Tazers make beef tender!

Buck, I don't have a problem with Law Enforcement offers in the least, though if this statement were true......
    What you'd be saying is Most cops have a healthy distaste for their own.....I know a few LEO's and they are the least respectful for the traffic laws (and some others). Moreso than any of the civilians I know.
    In traffic situations they seem to feel as though they are above the law somehow......and this mentality is only reinforced by what i've been witness to, when they are stopped for driving like assholes......Nothing!

I won't generalize here and say all cops are like this....But a blanket statement like that would only "legitimately" offend a very small percentage of them.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So you're saying we should all ignore posted speed limits and decide what's safe? Personally, I think people should focus on getting speeds limits raised rather than bitch about getting caught. You elected the people who set artificially-low speed limits. Kick them out of office.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I'm sorry, young man, butt the voice of reason is not well regarded on these boards. Furthermore, if you continue to make sense, your posting privileges will be removed and you will be limited to moderating yourself and Lever.

5. DDD570

DDD570 Guest

first, before you could abolish artificially low speeds, you'd have to revoke the old people's licenses.

sorry panther..... :D

the speed differentials are the problem, not the speed.

6. oopzderigo

oopzderigo Well-Known Member

These are all the reason's I don't write up bike rider's unless it's DUI...Can't ticket someone for doing a ton or stunts when I ride that way myself.

7. DDD570

DDD570 Guest

good cop, donut for you!!!! :D

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

No you're not. Come on down and we'll play in the Hill Country... sonny.

9. DDD570

DDD570 Guest

sorry..... i can't bring myself to shame geriatrics..... :p

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I agree on most of what you are saying. The first revoking the elderly DL's. We are by law required to take a drivers ed course at 16 (I know it varies by state) to make sure we are competent enough to drive. Yet as we get older (much older) our motor skills go down, but we are not required to re-take a road test.

The major cause of accidents is not the speed, but the closing distance that is found with greater speeds.

The differential in speed is the problem because people will not obey the speed limit. You hear about it all the time, "I have to do 80 just so I don't get plowed over".

As far as increasing the speed limits I feel it's more of a problem than a cure. People are allready running 15-25 MPH over the speed limit on the interstates. By increasing that speed limit to 80 MPH it's free reign to go 95-100MPH. And do we really want some soccer mom with her 3 screaming kids in the back talking on a cell phone driving 90 MPH through traffic in her tank of an SUV?

I don't have a cure for the problem other than people obeying the speed limit, hence the need for traffic enforcement. I'm not saying that is the end all cure and I'm open to ideas.