MotoGP | 2025 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 27, 2023.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

This is going to be a good one, almost all bikes are available

KneeDragger_c69 and 27 like this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Here's the teams and contracts

https://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/1020543/1/motogp-2024-rider-lineup-contract-situation-so-far

I predict Aleix out at the end of 2024. Test rider status perhaps. I didn't realize Binder had signed for that long either. I also didn't realize Rins was a one year deal also.

Fabio to Aprillia?

Is Aprillia going to nose dive with their satellite team in shambles?

Is Yamaha going to get a satellite team? I hope so.

Marc back to Honda armed with Ducati secrets pushing Mir out? Mir to Yamaha with Brivio?

Who's going to be the first to sign? Pecco would be my bet, don't think he's going anywhere.

Should be interesting anyway. So many possibilities (I think I covered a few lol)

BigBird likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I thought VR46 was going to Yamaha as a satellite team?

koth442 and 27 like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

That's why he said Brivio and Mir to Yamaha Proper
    and VR46 on the satellites

probably create a structure more like Ducati where Brivio/Engineers share more information with satellite team rather than their own standalone entity

5. Dan Dubeau

Rumored yes.

A Brivio led main squad with a VR46 Yamaha Satellite team would be awesome.

CRA_Fizzer, IL8APEX and BigBird like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Predictions are fun but almost always wrong. Lol

Marquez takes his #1 plate from gresini to KTM.

VR46 to Yamaha.

Repsol leaves motogp and Honda runs without a major sponsor.

House cleaning on older riders: Rins, Nakagami, Miller, the asparagus brothers . . . I don’t think many are safe to just finish outside to top 10 or carry over injuries.

koth442 and 27 like this.
  7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Pol is already moving to test rider.

8. Dan Dubeau

Ya, That's why I made a lot of them :D

I can see a bit of house cleaning of also rans, but not a wholesale cleanout. I can see Miller hanging on somewhere though. Rins too. Asparagus brothers are gone, Pol out now, and I'd really be surprised if Aleix is signed again for a main ride. The problem is who's going to replace them?

Who's coming up though? Aldeguer, and Arbolino are the likely candidates to get rides, Ogura to replace Taka is likely. Unless there is a standout talent that is going to shine in the lower classes next year, there doesn't seem to be a lot of reason to push any of the current guys out of motogp just to make room for fresh blood unless teams are willing to gamble and need to cut overhead. Do we see a wsbk crossover? Toprack?

Canet would be a great marketing choice, he'd probably let some company tattoo their log on his face for a ride. Think of the exposure.

I'm more concerned with the world economy crashing and taking a manufacturer out. Maybe Yamaha? Honda's too big to leave, but are they? If Repsol goes.....

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Quartararo needs to get get on the factory Ape.

koth442, CRA_Fizzer and MachineR1 like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Spies interview with Gypsy Tales was interesting to me when Spies spoke on the difference between superbikes and motogp bikes and the move to GP bikes and Toprak.

Unless something huge happens I don’t see Toprak moving to GPs in the future.

Banditracer and BigBird like this.
  11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Trackhouse running the satellite team with a closer relationship to aprilia will lead to good thing for them.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, that was a nice little coup d'état that the FIM, Dorna and the IRTA pulled off. :crackup:

A push from the left and a shove from the right
    It's all planned out, we'll do it tonight.

cpettit likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Danny Munoz I really like. he just needs to finish races

14. Dan Dubeau

The Trackhouse plans for next year sound pretty good. We all know initial plans are all well and good until the money starts being spent, but it sounds like they're interested in being a proper team with a strong connection to the factory. Long term this could be a great connection to the USA and potential conduit for American riders too.....

I also hope Miguel has an injury free year next year and can use that to springboard into a factory seat, or onto a Duc. He has some serious proven potential any IMO he should be on a factory seat over Mav or Aleix. He really got screwed in the KTM deal, and by injuries right out of the gate this year.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  15. Dan Dubeau

Straight to motogp from moto3 in 2025? Is he moving up to moto2 next year?

16. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Which American riders? :( I'd like to see Manuel Gonzalez get a shot...something about that guy reminds me of Quartarro in Moto2. At least he'd be North American....ish.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

I was just talking young riders, I doubt he'll be in GP in 25

18. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

GG31 didn't suck too bad when he did a GP wild card...

Linker48X likes this.
  19. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

While I'll agree he didn't do too badly as a wild card, I think his potential future in MotoGP has long gone. I'm talking about what current and upcoming riders do we have? Gagne maybe?

Circacee likes this.
  20. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Jake is older than Garrett.

IMO Garrett is the best American rider actively competing. And if it isn't him it's CB6 or JR16. JR would probably move up to GP if they gave him an offer. CB6 isn't going back to Europe.