Legit electric car question

Discussion in 'General' started by Bugslayer, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Won’t post the YouTube clip but watch his interview from today about Disney. Quite funny.

2. Just wish Tesla quality was there. Lots of little stuff but main thing is wind noise, door and all other sealing interfaces. A buddies Tesla has a boat load of wind noise that’s coming from the front of the car and sounds horrendous. The megaphone and playing farts though it quite makes me laugh.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

That was yesterday ... keep up :p

4. Well I’d have sworn today was Wednesday for 3/4 of the day so guess it’s today. :) but that was a good interview. I just admire the fact he believes in what he believes in and his beliefs cost him a lot of money. Guess when you have F off money it’s easier to say F off with known consequences.
    I was always the, yes they are fast but it’s electric so f that. Tesla has a pretty cool test drive program and don’t even need to speak with anyone. Even a Model 3 performance runs mid 12’s. Where these cars shine is 30-50, 50-70
    Etc.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

When buying a car I have never considered the time it
    takes to go from 0-60 as an important feature. For most
    people, cars need to be useful and practical and affordable.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

that's crazy talk. you're right though, 0-60 isn't as important as the 60-130 mph (100-200 kmh) and how it handles. That's what most people want .

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

IMO I agree with handling, but I drive 0-60 everyday. I rarely get above 90, so 60-130 would seem less important.

8. A Model 3, even the non dual motor one is quite impressive stomping on what used to be called a loud pedal at 30mph.

9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I was reading up on Tesla’s truck thing this morning. They claim to have 2 million pre-orders at the moment.

in comparison, Ford sold about 700,000 F150’s in 2022. According to Google.

assuming this is accurate numbers

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I put a very good driving review of the Cybertruck in the Youtube thread.

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Having had to replace a transmission the idea of doing away with it is appealing.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Have fun with that battery that'll cost more to replace than the vehicle is worth. :beer:

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

It's a Dodge... the battery will be the last thing to worry about

YamahaRick and auminer like this.
  14. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

At SoCalEdison's sky high CA electricity rates, $8 is 129mi of range for me, which equates to an ICE car getting 73.8mpg.

It is not more expensive to drive electric than ICE.

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Having an ICE vehicle isn't the problem. Where you live is.

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Fortunately for the electric car companies, thinking about a topic to only one level of consequence and making a decision at that point is very pervasive.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

See YouTube thread...

18. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

Yes, let the hate flow through you! I was only rebutting a point made earlier in the thread about how it is more expensive to run an EV than it is to run an ICE.

If you want to discuss details, I'm all for it. If you want to just end it as CA sucks, fine too.

19. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

Again, just rebutting a single observation about cost to run an EV.

Did I infer that the cost was the only reason I chose to get an EV?

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

No we know it was 0-60 times too. :D