1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I know you guys are just busting balls and I agree but the entire kicked MM off his bike was bullshit and I’m still amazed MM actually crashed the bike for the reaction… I mean he’s the best crasher ever too as well as the most talented ever but still…

maybe it’s not normal but back in my day we had some serious contact, clean racing but sometimes it happened… one of my toughest competitors and good friend said in our podium interview “you’d be surprised how hard we can hit each other without knocking each other down” :crackup::crackup: Years of hard full contact racing and we never took each other out

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Marc is a master crasher, but I don't think he can compare to Xaus. Relegated to second place once more.

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I like Rossi, he's great character that brought quite a bit of fun in motoGP. Made things interesting.

I'm a fan of all riders but nothing like Motion or Wolfe and their Tavula prophet.

In 2015, Rossi wasn't the fastest rider but was leading the championship. The fastest guy crashed himself out of contention.

Then he got pissed at Rossi because of the Argentina tango where he landed on his ass after trying to keep up with Rossi and then there was the Assen chicane episode.

For the fastest rider at that point, it was clearly anyone but Rossi for the '15 championship. He couldn't win it but he was fast enough to fuck things up.

scottn, Boman Forklift and 27 like this.
  4. nigel smith

The reason that Rossi will always be greater than Marquez is that he was always having fun. Marquez is not. It's simply an obsession for him and his life would be empty without racing.

5. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Valentino Rossi is the GOAT and will always be the Goat. Long Live VR46

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Who left the fucking gate open?!?

7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Im sure Rossi would have had that 25 pt lead if it werent for MM's interference!

And you're dead to me. Again. Still. :beer:

8. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

^^^^this^^^^

KneeDragger_c69 and cpettit like this.
  9. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

lol

In what other discipline has this entirely arbitrary and subjective standard been applied to determining the goat?

Boxing - was Tyson always having fun?

Basketball - was Jordan always having fun?

That argument was so nonsensical it should be saved and used as an example to illustrate bias and logical fallacy.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Its Rossi. For many logic and reason take a vacation when his name comes up.

Boman Forklift and cbush like this.
  11. nigel smith

Why do athletes turn to sports psychologists? If you are unable to comprehend the effect of an athlete's mental state on performance and longevity, far be it from me to disabuse you of your beliefs.

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  12. nigel smith

For some, logic and reason illuminate the human condition.

13. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Agreed - they particularly illuminate bias in nonsensical arguments. :)

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Can you show an example of when another athlete who’s status as goat rested on the basis of whether or not they were having fun when competing?

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I know nothing about snoozeball but in boxing, no one, but no one out-GOATs Ali.

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Wth are you guys taking about?!? There are other sports and athletes?!? :Poke::D

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yeah. Women’s beach volleyball.

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

damn… and I talk about Gabi Reece at Daytona all the time… how could I forget that?!? fine she can bring all her friends too… :D

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

If Rossi doesn't get some of those rain races wrong in 2015, he's the champ.

alright, let's change it a bit. Because Rossi is more charismatic, he invited the fans to join in, and be part of the "party" that he was having each weekend on track. To this day you A LOT of VR46 gear in the stands, and that's because he was the ultimate showman.

20. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Perfect meme….

Attached Files: