1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fresh and lean attack using illegal fuel?

Discussion in 'General' started by grapemustard, Oct 4, 2023.

1. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Screw it: mandate methanol. No shifting 'formulations' or 'blends' to worry about. It's cheap. Should be able to test at every podium: is it pure CH₃OH or not??

And the gub'mint wants to outlaw gasoline anyway, so beat them to the punch.

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So, what you're saying is I replace my injectors with garden hose nozzles? Got it! :D

Seeing the (short lived) gains Cleetus got out of a GM truck without upping the fuel supply, SBKs would be STUPID powerful.

3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Electric bikes will fix that problem

4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Burn this man at the stake!!

sdg likes this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Dont ride a Stark Varg... it makes a 500 2T feel pedestrian

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If I didn’t not hate you like I do 95% of the rest of the dregs, dipshits, dweebs and dorks on this board I’d ban you. I’m not banning you after that post only because I wasn’t going put you up against the wall and have you shot when I took over but you’ve used your get out of being shot card.
    You’re off my I don’t hate him list though.

7. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

IMG_5553.jpeg

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You will need some bigger drill bits if you are going to run those gasoline jets with methanol.

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Will my 3/8" drill suffice or do I need to find my 1/2" model?

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Bits young man, bits!! :)

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

What I be askin is will the required bit size be <= 0.375" or greater?

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Technically, you're asking if the bit's shank size will be 3/8 or 1/2. In a carb jet conversation, I'd think 3/8 will be just fine.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How much variation might you get even between two
    containers from the same batch if you were to compare
    a sample from a can that is full and has remained sealed
    since the initial fill and can that is half full and has been
    opened several times? You've got a number of ingredients
    of various levels of volatility that are going to vaporize in
    the half-empty can and the more times those vapors are
    vented, the more the percentages of those volatile ingredients
    would vary, I would think.

14. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I ran T4 in my R6 with just a flash and exhaust and my stock FS450. Ran great in both bikes and was quite a bit smoother rolling on and off the throttle.

Circacee likes this.
  15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

VP and IDS (ECM mfg/tuner for XB Buells) both said to just send it with my pump gas map. It wanted to foul plugs at start up, but that seems to be an XB thing, otherwise behaved decently in the heat at COTA. How much did I leave on the table not having a custom map? (Add that to the perf left on the table by running stock 2008 suspension and fluids, the giant amounts 'left on the table' from me not knowing the bike, the track...)

16. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Pfft. Runs better without jets. 3/8 drill does come in handy for opening up the fuel passages tho'.

YamahaRick and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That actually doesn't work. The issue with pump is it's all oxygenated and you can't test it well enough to be sure it's just straight pump with no additives. That's why spec fuels became a thing.

sdg and 27 like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

From the worker perspective it'll need to have some regular gasoline mixed in to burn with a visible flame.

The Beer Hunter and YamahaRick like this.
  19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

The fuel isn't the cost issue. It's the 60k engines that are popping because of it. Spec fuel with superstock spec engines would be a wise move.

5axis, Boman Forklift and 27 like this.
  20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I have no problem with the spec fuels- it's the same for everyone so we just tune for it and leave some margin.

The problem I have is that just like the tires last year, it seems like only the big teams get to play with the stuff before the season actually starts. Our Dunlop dealers in FL didn't have the new tires until after Road Atlanta where it was mandatory. Usually not a big deal unless your tire raises the bike 4mm. Would have been nice to know that.

VP wants $250 shipping to bring in a drum of MGP unless you piggyback on to their regular order, which could take months.

Right now, we're trying to get the new MGP-R and the SE distributor is being told it's sitting in the TX warehouse but not ready for release, completely opposite of the bulletin which says it's available as of September.

Yet somehow I'm betting Attack has already tested it.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.