Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or will you buy one?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedWerks Racing, May 9, 2023.

Tags:
?

Kawasaki ZX4RR Did you or would you buy one?

1. Hell Yes! It's gotta flippin Auto-Blipper.

2. No way, No interest, 600 money, too heavy, my wife's...

3. I'm looking and getting the next one I can.

4. I'm a "Feeler, Dibs kinda Guy" just show me the results, so I can live vicariously.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Nope you're missing the point, and here's what CU said in the latest RW on riding the thing when compared to his RS125. "The equipment was wildly different, but the technique used to hustle them around the racetrack is pretty close to be the same."
    A 400cc high revving bike needs different lines to keep the rpm up to make power. You ever ride a 125GP bike?:Poke:

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

No, I rode an Aprilia RS250 Cup bike for a while though. I do understand what you're saying. But the 250 wasn't just high revving- it was way lighter and had a better chassis- and even then, when the SV's came out, they could park you and then grunt off the corner and you'd have to try again at the end of the next straight.

My point was that the chassis on this bike appears to be pretty equal to the current crop of LW bikes- so taking different lines and riding it harder will only get you so far. In LW Supersport classes, this thing will be great. But someone posted about letting it into Twins Cup and it seems to me that in full Superbike mode it's still going to be 20 HP down. Corner speed lines or not, you're not going to make up that deficit.

3. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

So... an interesting update. I called Kawasaki Customer Service today, checking on the tool shipment. It would seem that it was sent out next day air, as their tracking number shows it was received on August 31. The dealership was told by Kawasaki to call me upon delivery. They did not. Needless to say, this is not a happy situation. Supposedly, I will be getting this done tomorrow (Saturday) while I wait on it.
    We shall see.

4. Past Glory

Done. Mine was at proper spec. I hate that I lost that month, but until you know, you don't know.

Gino230 likes this.
  5. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

I rode one at the track on Monday. Had a full Graves exhaust and Flash Tune. Pulled to an indicated 137 on the back straight at Mid O in 5th gear.

Super fun bike. I felt the quick shifter was a bit slow on upshifts. I'm sure that can be fixed. The blipper was good. Chassis felt soft, will def benefit from better suspension.

In basic race trim with bodywork, suspension, rearsets, brake lines, exhaust/tune, etc...etc...it will be a ripper. For much less money, I'd rather buy a turn key Kramer 690S. You can race it in 4 classes.

What classes can you race the 400 in?

Gino230 and Michael Hausknecht like this.
  6. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

I was just gonna ask you to compare it to the Kramer.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Save me some legwork... what classes can you race the 690 Kramer in?

8. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

DSS,DSB,Clubman and a good pilot will be competitive in LWT and F2

9. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

I don't think the Kramer is legal for DSS.

D-SB, Clubman - bike is super competitive
    F2, LWT-SB - you're out motored for sure, but a good rider can be at the front.

Michael Hausknecht likes this.
  10. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Up to 775cc singles are SB rules for DSS.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

A good 400cc 4 is a solid bike for everything but F2. You have to be able to ride the dingleberries off it to keep a good rider on a super bike SV in site.

12. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

With equal riders, the Kawi will not be competitive with the 690 Kramer. The Kawi could have the same peak power but it'll never weigh 280lbs ready to race, and have a suitably adjustable and rigid frame. Sure, a top rider on the Kawi will beat your average Kramer rider (most of us aren't very fast and some aren't even competitive with the 2-cylinder Kawi 400), but that's rider. not bike.

Boman Forklift and younglion like this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

14. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Came here to post that ^^^^. Looks like so much fun!! Really well done Ninja, sounds amazing and all but can we still call them baby Ninjas??

The tell tale is what Graves didn"t have to modify:cool:. The whole billet clutch cover seems a bit extreme for a slider though, and holy heck that guy... "Streets is one of my favorite tracks!" and then can't find a line, lol :confused:.

15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Constant check engine light is driving me nuts.

16. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

back in '99-2000 I rode a 1996 RS125 in AHRMA. They put us in the fastest practice group. Big Ducatis, etc. At Mid-Ohio I could catch and pass the big stuff...just not on the straights.

17. Past Glory

That was funny. I'd love to have the whole set up on Graves' street bike, minus the pipe.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  18. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

What pipe do you prefer to smoke?

03RumbleBee likes this.
  19. Past Glory

I prefer encased in paper, self assembled.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kramer isn't street legal anywhere so it's under Formula rules in all classes.