MotoGP | 2023 | Race 7 | Sachsenring | Germany | June 15 - 17

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 12, 2023.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

well back-to-back weeks!

MM93 owns this track, but can Marc actually finish his first GP race since 2022?

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Way to east for another win it or bin it for him

3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

So, I'm sure everyone has been telling MM that his bike is capable of P5 at best and to just cruise and finush the race.

MM is also ignoring that advice.

He's seething inside because he won't be able to match or beat Valentino Rossi's premier class championship count. So it's the retired Rossi the Great thats fucking with MMs head.

4. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I think maybe he leases and the contract is up for negotiation this weekend.

Circacee likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

upload_2023-6-12_13-26-38.png

Circacee likes this.
  6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a better weekend than this one. Moto2 and the Premier class were a snoozer.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Who will miss the race with injuries? Rins, Mir, P. Espargaro? Will they all be replaced? Bradl? I think he has the most starts over the last couple of years than all the Honda riders except Taka.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Honda doesn't need to replace them for this race, but the one after. But I think they'll probably put him on this one since Germany and all that good stuff

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Pol should be back. Should...

I think even Folder is hoping he comes back.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Damn...when they mean "King of the Ring" they aren't joking

upload_2023-6-13_10-36-8.png

11. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Im not brave enough to pick MM for the win in fantasy.

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Are they planning to give him an extra 1500rpm?

If not, what's the point?

13. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

If Marc can get through practice and qualifying without crashing and land on the front row , I'll pick him to win.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Pussy.

27 likes this.
  15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you’re just afraid Vale might see it :Poke::crackup:

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

there is no way he won’t crash before the race... that’s his MO... even when dominating he’d crash his ass off finding the limits before the race

KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

mans how does Bradl still have a job? What’s he do ride whatever they put together and say... “this sucks” then the regular riders crash and get hurt and he says “see told you”

he’s been the test rider forever and must not have any input or he should be gone too... bet they sure regret getting rid of DP26

BigBird likes this.
  18. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ this is honestly a super interesting discussion

One option or thought is exactly what you said. He gives feedback and it is ignored or HRC can't find a solution to the issues he brings up.

Another thought/option is that he doesn't have the speed to find the issues that the regular riders are running into. When he gets on the bike for a replacement ride, he is down at the bottom of the points (which is still really stupid fast but not race winning and title winning fast). Look at Taka this weekend. Didn't crash but running around at the bottom of the points. Marc has even said as much about the bike's character. The bike can finish every race in 10th but He can't.

Whatever the situation, the current rules package and schedule may make for "closer" racing as a whole, but seems to make it really difficult to make big steps to move out of the ruts of midfield.

R1Racer99, KneeDragger_c69 and 27 like this.
  19. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I think you're probably right. I'm just thinking that he may figure out how to make it work long enough to keep his record going.
    (But the following race, it'll be back to the usual binfest.)

27 likes this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

agreed but I have no compassion for Honda not having time for big steps... it’s Honda... their hubris got them where they are and it will have to be culled to get them out imo...

Ducat, KTM, and Aprillia did it was better than all the Japanese and that’s saying something...

The book Stealing Speed is great about MZ’s 2 stroke tech being stolen and used by all of the Japanese manufacturers to dominate for a long time... it’s cyclical it seems but still N odd turn of events to see first hand in our time