1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica - Round 2 - Barber 05/19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, May 5, 2023.

1. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

418 likes this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

Guess someone reads the beeb lol

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

That rule definitely needs to be reworded to look at who was actively competing the lap prior to the red flag

4. notbostrom

If they did we'd all be banned from the Facebook page sitting in Taco Bell

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

ToofPic likes this.
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

Any boots on the ground?

Just wondering on the spectator turnout considering the potato potato crowd won't be padding the gate numbers.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was nasty. He crossed the screen like a shooting star.
    You should probably ask for some clarification in case something like that happens again. For instance, let's say this happens to Gus…

Can he rejoin the race if the red flag comes out while he's sliding on the ground, but that if it comes out when he bounces back up in the gravel trap? That shit probably needs to be clarified. :D

KneeDragger_c69 and Knarf Legna like this.
  8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

He didn't ask how many square feet (43,560, irrespective of shape, but discounting slope area), he said "feet". :D

A square acre is a tad under 209 ft. on a side.
    A squished acre rectangle at 10:1 is a chain X a furlong. I survey at 21 paces per chain. :beer:

Jed likes this.
  9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So, the Michelin techs calling the factory on Saturday afternoon and delivering new shit to the top few on Sunday didn't have an influence on MotoGP or WSBK? Or CSBK racers coming to race AMA Pro and carrying back specials to use in the next Canadian round didn't have an influence? Ask Colin Fraser to be sure. The problem was/is the race orgs have to set parameters to prevent it from happening.

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The OEMs aren't running the show like they did in the past. Then Pirelli has won 4 of the last 7 Daytona 200s and sweep the podium in 2022. Hmm, it looks things have changed now.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That whole thing has confused the hell out of me.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet I'm sure I'm still the asshole for not letting the riders decide for themselves at Road Atlanta last year...

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Helps him settle into the corner.

Boom likes this.
  14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Gus's dad is on fire on the facebuk! Today should be interesting! Hopefully no rain,or chance of officiating ..

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's all I can think of is he got screwed because he was still sliding as the red came out.

16. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

rocco was pretty pissed off on ig yesterday too

Last edited: May 21, 2023
    ToofPic likes this.
  17. notbostrom

I can help with that

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They fixed the schedule graphic to say CST on Friday...

Basura likes this.
  19. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

Was there any explination on why the superbike race was shortened yesterday?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not going to debate the call(s) at this time but the racers do not and should not determine when a race is called, especially the leaders as it will always be to their own personal benefit. And you don't let the kid who normally races in SoCal determine what is too wet :D

Agreed he did the wise thing for sure.

MELK-MAN, kirk erlinger and 418 like this.