1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica - Round 2 - Barber 05/19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, May 5, 2023.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Nobody withdrew or should have. I found out Sunday morning when the credential checkers handed us a AMA flyer stating the decision.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So if you didn't have a problem with it, why did you bring it up? :confused:

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Of course everyone had a problem with it, and that's a bullshit way to handle the situation by the org. The other guys could have stopped and done a tire change right?

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Great to see the SBK race went 20 laps today

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If I was running the show, that's what I would've suggested they do.

Once a Wanker.., Boom and 27 like this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

The struggle bus CamP is on is real.

Dude might as well be teammates with Mladin.

8. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

last year of his deal too iirc, maybe a change of cams is on the card for 24

DJ Baker and 418 like this.
  9. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

She was fantastic.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

This past weekend the average margin of victory was 3.134 over all classes.

11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

All this talk about rewording the red flag rules brings a simple solution from BSB. Essentially, if the handlebar has touched the ground. They are out of the race. No restart. OR as it was worded:
    "Riders who fall from their machine are not permitted to continue in the practice session or race until passed fit by a Medical Officer and the machine re-inspected and cleared by Technical Control. An infringement of this rule will result in the rider being disqualified from the remainder of the practice session or race and may result in further penalties."

12. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

It gets a lot of flak but I honestly likely this rule. Allow the rider to come back in, and even give them the opportunity to continue, but prevent them from continuing until they re-tech. I don't think it should be up to the rider and corner worker to determine whether or not their bike, their gear, or their mental state are safe to continue competing.

Nathey, WIslowpoke, 418 and 4 others like this.
  13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

This is the wera rule also.

stk0308 likes this.
  14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

so having more than one tire mfg supply tires ensures the race can be run safely for the original distance ? .. so only some can race when they run out of the tire from the "other" mfg that brought tires? how would this work exactly. And how would the race be remotely exciting when 1/2 or 1/3 of the typical front runners are no longer battling for the win in the race?

There is a monetary advantage to having a spec tire supplier for pro racing events (for the tire supplier, and the series running the events). And stuff happens, even if there was more than 1 tire supplier at a race. zero guarantee there will be enough tires, for every racer, for every track condition.

Last edited: May 22, 2023
  15. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Dom Doyle has destroyed about the same amount of RS660 Robem parts as R7 parts this season. I think the invoice goes out this afternoon ;)

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

After Friday practice, they should of had a truck rolling to Barber with R7 compound rear tires. At the 2022 GNF, the R3 and R5 test rears were wasted after a few laps. They had the data...

Waterboy and MELK-MAN like this.
  18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Do they specifically address not being able to be re-inspected during a red flag stoppage?

19. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

The rule in question is the Fong rule, it's intended to prevent intentional red flags. But like many rules it produces unintended consequences.

That said there are tech officials on hot pit who observe crash repairs to make sure they have been done satisfactorily.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That race would obviously be a write off as far as the show is concerned. But the tire supplier left watching the race from the garages would not make that mistake twice.

When they ran the US F1 GP at Indianapolis with six cars because one tire supplier shit the bed, it wasn't exactly a great race. But for some reason (I suspect that lessons were learned, but that's just my opinion), that never happened again.