MotoAmerica - Round 2 - Barber 05/19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, May 5, 2023.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

at least they applied same rule to Jaret Nassaney in SS race. if nothing, they were consistent

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wasn't limiting comments to the US, and in the big picture things rank like this in relevance.
    1 MotoGP
    2 WSBK
    3 BSB
    4 AMA

Last edited: May 20, 2023
    MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Greg you can control an open tire series! I know I presented the concept to the AMA 20 plus years ago, and nobody listened. And since it's so stupidly simple to do I guess nobody wanted to try?

Last edited: May 20, 2023
    5axis likes this.
  4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i'm no expert, but seems it would be way easier to control a spec tire series.. can one open series be controlled? can you control every tire mfg and every supplier that sends tires from those mfgs to that series? can you keep every racer from getting hands on a "special" tire from brand "X" ? maybe...

... but come on. It's tough to make a legitimate point that a spec tire series, is somehow less fair than an open tire series. at least across multiple pro level series (like moto GP, wsbk, bsb, MA, cev, etc).
    And then there's the MONEY that is paid to each series, when there is a bid to be the spec tire supplier. I suspect this is a major reason for spec tires ?

Ducman851 and mike w like this.
  5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Is the Supersport race available anywhere? I'm looking on Live+ but don't see it. All the other races from today are there but not SS.

6. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Not yet

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's on there now

Rising likes this.
  8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

What a fucking shit show in twins cup. Goddamn not only are they gonna get someone hurt or killed with calls that fucking stupid but then the call on Gus not being allowed to restart is just utter bullshit. Fuck MA right now. They look like a bunch of fucking amateurs right now.

9. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Rule says he can’t restart unless “actively participating”. But rule states attempting to restart and ride back counts as participating. He rode back to pits. I do not understand.

IMG_0829.png

10. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Race Direction told us that because Gus was on his knees at the moment the red flag was displayed he had withdrawn from the race, no longer actively participating. I asked "What is the time limit from when the flag is shown? Is there a 10 count? A 5 count? Because it looks like he picked up the bike in less than 30 seconds." They replied that they didn't use time and didn't want to go there. So I suppose if you high-side yourself to the moon on a wet track on slicks in a race where Race Direction ignores the dangerous conditions and doesn't stop the race you better be aware that a red flag has been thrown for some other reason and you better clear your head immediately and get on your feet, otherwise you're done.

11. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

It was a bullshit call and I can’t believe they didn’t have the discretion within the current rules to say that he was in fact competing. I might even suggest that rules require him as a competitor to take inventory of himself to make sure it was safe to continue on. I can’t believe they made that call, especially after not throwing the red flag in time.

12. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

seems like the "long supersport race" turned into a normal WSS race after that red flag... we just want 2 races in a weekend for supersport and not this endurance stuff that just pulls out red flags shortening the one race to a single normal race

swissrcr likes this.
  13. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I watched it a third time, counting out how long from the time he came to a full stop to when the announcer said there was a red flag. It was 5 seconds or less using the "one one thousand" method. That means that the call from race direction came earlier. I still think it was a bad call.

Banditracer likes this.
  14. Suzuka_joe

MA live + Superbike warmup was supposed to be at 9:35am EST and here we are at 10:11 EST and no live stream yet.. I've seen youth soccer leagues ran with better consistency

15. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

superbike up next. we are in central time zone

16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Yeah thats going to make motoa look bad.

To me it sets the precident that anyone who is involved in a wreck causing a red flag is not welcome to restart. From my spectators perspective it looked like they threw the red because 3 bikes went down in one corner. Traditionally theyd be allowed to restart.

Yeah motoA fucked this one up.

17. 418

418 Expert #59

18. 418

418 Expert #59

This got FUBAR'd up one side down the other.

Not stopping the race when both of the leaders are throwing their hands up for the rain is a mystery.

Rocco actually showed some maturity tho, said screw it and just slowed down to what he was comfortable with.

Last edited: May 21, 2023
    SundaySocial and Monsterdood like this.
  19. Suzuka_joe

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

418 and Suzuka_joe like this.