I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I was just curious. Some research on my part woulda told me that, but now I'm really curious to know how it handles. Never shot a .32acp or Walther-esque handgun.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It’s not “old school”. But my recently acquired Walter PDP is a very nice piece. Probably the best grip ergos out there.

3. fastfreddie

If I were less of a long gun guy, I'd have a Walther. They've been on my list for decades and the PDP definitely has my interest as a potential "next" handgun.
    I'm a bit bought out at the moment, may not see another new handgun for years. Not even sure what to do with the mere half dozen already in the house.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

It still has a little punch to it but nothing like a 9. I had a PPK at one time and it felt about 80% like a 9mm (which makes logical sense), I'd put the 32 at 60% of a 9mm kick.

fastfreddie likes this.
  5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

upload_2023-4-22_12-37-6.png

Drool everyone. This is 9mm pron.

Gorilla George and britx303 like this.
  6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I need a holster for my 1911... OWB, preferably something with a thumb break so I can carry C&L, and doesn't cost $90!

Any ideas?

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

$48 fanny pack
    Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 1.59.18 PM.png

StaccatoFan likes this.
  8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Got to spend quality trigger time with the new-to-me SKS today at my sister in laws woods range. After I shot a box to make sure it was all good, it got passed around like a beach ball at a nickel back concert :D Great gun and damn glad I got it. Everybody loved it. Shot it alongside the AK that seems to be having a trigger reset issue:confused:……… the thunderstorm hit just as we pulled out the AK so couldn’t dig in to see what’s going on, and I really wanted to run lots of ammo through it today on their range. Probably something simple, just need to dig in:flag:

Sabre699 and StaccatoFan like this.
  9. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

As a grown Male that lived through the 80s, I'll never wear a fanny pack.

Or a scarf.

Ever.

I have different size carry guns for different seasons.

britx303 likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

But do your shoes match your belt?

11. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

You wore them too much in the 80's so they no longer fanny or scarf correctly?????? :D

12. britx303

VZ58……….please, someone coax me back from the ledge!!! :crackup:No, I don’t “need” it. I’m just enjoying the heck out of x39 :D Oh, and the AK is good to go. I somehow managed to pry the spring off the trigger return with the safety selector the last time I cleaned it and reassembled. Lesson learnt ……..DOH!!!:oops::p

StaccatoFan likes this.
  13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Try a wbp Jack if you want to find a really good ak at a reasonable price. It’s by far the softest shooting ak I’ve ever fired. Love mine.
    https://atlanticfirearms.com/wbp-ak47-762sc-jack-classic-rifle

sanee and britx303 like this.
  14. britx303

Funny, that’s where the VZ is I’m looking at. I’m still in MD and the VZ is legal. The AK rifle is not…….otherwise an AK rifle is ultimately what I want. If all goes well, I may be in VA mid-summer. Then the AK rifle is good to go………in the meantime the VZ looks interesting

15. britx303

Shame though, the VZ uses different mags. Not a deal breaker, but they look so similar, my girls would likely mix them up

16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Yeah I hate guns that some of the desirable models use proprietary mags. You pay $1000-3000 or more for a gun and then get nailed for each extra mag too.

17. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

britx303 likes this.
  18. britx303

This is coaxing me back from the edge……..how?????:crackup: I just got off the phone with my agent doing up the paperwork for my passport to VA……..I really need to hold off…..dammit:D The new place, if all goes well, has it’s own 5acre wooded range already :rock::flag:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
    Razr and StaccatoFan like this.
  19. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Sometimes people should talk you off the ledge....other times they should be telling you to jump.....:D.

I got a KNS adjustable piston on my 10.5 PSA AK to tone it down suppressed....the suppressed recoil impulse alone in the that video is enough reason to buy one (not mention Im a big Czech gun fan boy)....but, I also cant think of a more ringing endorsement than "this gun fucks"....I figured Id give you the info and let you come to your own conclusions.....:p

Congrats on the upcoming move!:beer:

20. fastfreddie

I think holsters are as personal of a choice as helmets or gloves. Gotta try 'em on. If you're lucky, you have a LGS that carries a buncha choice holsters. If not that lucky, order a bunch online, keep the one(s) you like. A proper belt is part of the equation.
    Price is irrelevant.