1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 3 | COTA | USA | April 14-16

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 3, 2023.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Starting this one a little early. To help facilitate any meetups since many will be there

[​IMG]

Steeltoe, Patman623, tl1098 and 2 others like this.
  2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Wonder if Marc will be back in time for this, but, still think a Ducati will be on the top steps.

3. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

All I know is that this Sprint race stuff is incredible and wish they would have done it a lot sooner! Excellent racing by the best in the world. Close, fast and plain out fast! Makes me want to drive down to COTA again just for that!

5axis, Banditracer and BigBird like this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

had planned to go there, now i will have child #3 pop out around that weekend. :D

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Congrats, birthing person!

Banditracer and Phl218 like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Tell the lady not to be selfish and to hold it in for an extra week.

BigBird, 27 and Phl218 like this.
  7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I'm wondering what the track surface will be like this year?

Phl218 likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My money is on "bumpy." I am a risk taker.

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Going Thursday-Monday with the wife, my brother and his wife. SIL got a discount code and we got seats in t12 in the Marquez fan section. I think i'm gonna buy a Oliveira or Rossi shirt to wear. Anybody going to the Aprilia/AF1 party at the brewery Friday night?

10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I sure wish Aprilia would've called in Beaubier as a fill in for their injured rider. Talk about some hometown excitement

cbush likes this.
  11. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Loved turn 12 seats the best of everywhere I've been around COTA. Enjoy!!!

BigBird and cpettit like this.
  12. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Pecco
    Pecco

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

the cool dr we had let me pick my kids bdays... both c-sections... my daughter’s was only two days past the due date 3-21, but my son got to share my obsession with my #27 and is born on 3-27 two weeks late... the dr thought for sure she’d go into labor and said he was just entertaining me... he underestimated the power of 27 ;)

BigBird likes this.
  14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Seems Honda might have the kalex frame for cota. But will they have factory riders?

stk0308 and Jedb like this.
  15. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Still plenty of time. I think a Moto2 Wild card is more likely.

16. lopitt85

Anyone out ?

17. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll give Joe Robert's a call. I don't think he's shown up for any races so far this year.

18. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

No but I'm sure American Racing can field a 3rd bike like they did for Rory last year.

lopitt85 likes this.
  19. lopitt85

I didn't think about that. Come on American Racing, how about a Beaubier wildcard?

I just really wanted to see him get his chance in a big bike on the world stage. I was really hoping he would give WSBK a shot. But I'm excited for MotoAmerica to start too.

20. prm

prm Well-Known Member

How about NO on the Cam B American Racing wildcard. Aprilia would have been cool, KTM (Pol), any Moto2 team proven to be able to set a bike up. Or, fill-in for Loris Baz in WSBK. Season is a couple weeks away and he is still not listed on MA website, not on the Tytler’s website, no official announcement. I hope their bike prep is better than their PR.