WSBK | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by koth442, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I think he was at the first test too.

2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Kinda wonder if Iannone will be on a BMW, HRC, or Duc next year in SBK.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sounds like a smart thing for a team to try. He will probably be very motivated.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don’t know, man, I wouldn’t touch that nutball with a 39 and a half foot pole.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He's been testing new components for the rsv4 a lot. Seems they still have a good relationship

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have no doubt he’ll make a comeback or at least try one. Does aprilia have a bike that could run in WSBK with the RSV4?

7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

They'd have to make a special run of 1000cc bikes, as the street bike is 1100cc.

8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

At minimum he should make a better test rider than Savadori, he much faster. I'd like to see him back

KneeDragger_c69 and ShadowBoxer like this.
  9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

This seems odd to me. With all the individual machine performance balancing they do, I don't understand why they wouldn't just let the 1100 in and balance it accordingly, just like they do with every other bike, especially considering the stance they've taken with WSS rules.

10. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

11. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Anyone have insight as to what the main struggles the BMWs are having?

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was wondering that. All I’ve heard has been third hand and would love to know why a 6 year old Suzuki can make them look slow.

Like I said third hand but I’ve heard: frame, too much power, power delivery and electronics (not in the order).

13. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

upload_2023-2-21_8-15-58.png
    Testing done and dusted. Let's go racing boys!!

14. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Les posted saying that GG had a technical problem that prevented a "time attack" in the last session.

prm and motodog650 like this.
  15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I am hoping the base bike is good and they just need time to refine the settings. First part of the season will likely be a “learning experience.” If they have major issues they will likely get the super concession back after third round.

16. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Though, looking at GG's times from Nov in FP2 (random comparison) when conditions were nearly the same, his times seem very comparable. Whether that bike can sustain lap times, or how much faster everyone else is now remains TBD.

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Phillip Island is really tough on tires so don't read too much into the results. Next test or race at a normal track will be more revealing

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

that was great, but I wish Alvaro would wear his helmet during all interviews

Seiko likes this.
  20. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

He is a creepy little bugger, isn't he....

cBJr likes this.