1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is why

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

sounds like a quality of life move over money

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

No, just poor airmanship. I think that airplane isnt fly by wire and has boosted but somewhat normal controls. On some airplanes, during stall, you need to tab dance on the rudder pedals to control the bank angle, and sometimes adding ailerons will cause a spin. But this aircraft was nowhere near stall speed. The FO who was flying had a roll upset and the normal reaction of using ailerons to fix the upset would have been fine. I believe the training at the time was teaching use of the rudder to recover the roll upset, but I have no idea if that training was only meant during stalled flight or normal speeds. Kicking in rudder at normal speeds with a swept wing produces a very strong roll tendency. It makes crosswind landings in a CRJ a pain in the ass from personal experience.

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I’d call that a downgrade. Unless he hated flying international.

I’ve an acquaintance made FO in a 777, before he was thirty years old. All he has to do is not fuck up, work eight days a month and he’s set for life.

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Probably not after all her injuries/surgeries, etc. And even if she was, your risking your life just going to dinner with her. You never know you may end up with a steak knife in the eye or something.

She only gets Ruprecht utensils... :D
    [​IMG]

pickled egg likes this.
  5. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

A pretty good analogy...My brand new 96 GSXR750...almost scared me back to my ZX7 with a tank slapfest. As soon as I let go of the clip ons it was over...everyone said i was about to crash. I think Suzuki put a stabilizer on the 97.

6. Used2befast

One of my fav movies..

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm terrified of turbulence and its what has kept me from pursuing flying in Montana. I live along large mountain range with crazy unpredictable weather.

For several years I flew 250K plus miles per year, mostly in the front of the planes. Can't recall any severe turbulence. The systems are getting so good these days at understanding where its at and avoiding it.

I used to fly with a buddy in a Bonanza A35 over the California/Nevada/Utah desert frequently and we hit a lot of rough air. No fun at all.

8. Used2befast

250k thousand miles per year and no severe turbulence...your probably due lol

No really, my biggest fear is to be in the lav and boom! :crackup:bouncing around in there with my pants down who knows what flying :eek:

Not a good fear to have :D

Rebel635 likes this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think about that every time I use the bathroom on the plane.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Now I know who uses the bathroom in planes.

Sickos.

motion likes this.
  11. Resident Plarp

Dude, he’s talking credit card points mileage.

;)

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I thought that Sully guy went in front of congress and said no one wants to fly anymore because the pay has gotten so bad. What is a typical wage structure/future for someone like your buddy? (I'm too old and untalented to try my hand at flying, really just curious)

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

Edit...Almost forgot

[​IMG]

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Pay is nice these days. Wasn’t always the case. I’m a career changer and have worked in other industries and pilots were quite under paid for what they do in my opinion.

I’m on day 5 of a 6 day after a 6 day with one day off so I’m ready to be done right now. It’s my fault though, I bid this schedule because I live in base and if it’s slow i sit at home but I’m getting smoked with people “calling in sick”

I did pick up 3 days of 200% pay so that’ll be a nice check

ChemGuy likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Haha nope although there have been times in Decembers when I bought some pretty wacky shit to make my spend thresholds.

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Damn, I just missed by one day, talking you into those racing Ninja 400s. Ya know, to help with your spend thresholds.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  17. Resident Plarp

Nowadays, it’s fuck you money, as is - the pay is good. The guy I referenced got in at the right time, so now well within the six-figure range nowadays, if he wasn’t doing that when he first got the 777 slot.

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

No.

And this WAS back in the "good old days." At least as far back as I go. Every airline / race series / workplace I've ever been, it seems like the old timers are telling me that I missed out on the good old days..... :crackup:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Six figures, as in 100K? That's a lot?

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

We gotta find something else I can buy on a credit card, not used Ninja 400 race bikes. Do we need a new pussy palace ahem toyhauler?