1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Nice! They are super accurate and with the low recoil follow up shots or double taps are so easy. Glad you like it! Now go buy the .22 cal HK MP5 for super cheap fun. Just as accurate if not more so and cheap to buy and shoot.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

i think i'm in love!!!

we shot our G3's at 400 yds with sights only. earned me the golden shooter's cord on my uniform.
    not sure if my eyesight today would still live up to the memories at 2x the age.

ChemGuy and Gorilla George like this.
  3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I shot the Canik today. The trigger is great out of the box and I was a little more accurate with it than my Hellcat. The downside is that it's noticeably larger than the Hellcat. So, Hellcat is still my EDC. My daughter in law just did her CCW class this past Saturday, so once she gets her permit I might see how she likes this one. She's still very new to shooting though, so she'll need to spend some time with a 22 before moving on to 9mm.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Dealing in MD I have to block numerous mags weekly. Usually it’s uneventful but once in a while I get a mag that works like shit. Usually it’s the follower. A sharp edge or a pronounced casting line. A little smoothing and all is good.

Sabre699, Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Saw this and thought of you sorry SOBs. 308 baby!
    [​IMG]

ChemGuy, cbush, fastfreddie and 2 others like this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’m not sure how to take this……….:crackup:

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Seems like .303 is all 3. Lol...

Gorilla George and britx303 like this.
  8. britx303

[​IMG]

rd400racer and Sabre699 like this.
  9. Ok that’s funny :crackup:

10. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

That's funny because I love .22's, I have the "HK" AR with a suppressor and absolutely love it....there were two other .22's mentioned in this thread that really have my attention....The M&P short barrel AR and the Taurus pistol that was brought up recently....and after shooting Ron's Ruger mark, that's back on the list as well.

How does the MP5 .22 stack up with reliability (at about 75-100 rounds suppressed, the one I have starts to malfunction from getting too dirty (worth it, but is shockingly consistent with the round count when the malfunctions start)....that being said, the only thing I do with it is mag dump and giggle....:D.

Got bored in the spring and rattle canned it (like you said, just another way in how theyre cheap fun....:D).

6FD50825-6920-4B45-9250-9E1649DC2F0E.jpeg

Sabre699 likes this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Functional, Obsolete, Gay AND you're British? Do you not see it?
    Of course not, you're mired in FOG!

Clay likes this.
  12. britx303

Hey dick:D……I ain’t British!!! I’m a ‘murican born of sub-mason-Dixon line Scottish heritage :moon: I shoot 308 more anyways for bigger bore. 303 is retarded for prices, and no desire to stock up more. It wasn’t so bad when I could still snag a box of 20 for under 20 bucks, but it’s been either nonexistent or 2-3 bucks a pop. I will likely never shoot all the ammo that I have, I’m so busy with so much other shit to shoot. My last remaining 303 (which was my grandads)gets pulled out once every couple years now, shoot a few rounds, clean it and put away. So take yer gay brit nonsense and shove it!!:D My new name is rebelx308!!!!:p

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Okay. So your username is British, afaic...
    and .308 ain't exactly 7.62x51 so, you're still in a FOG. :D

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So you run your MP5 .22 Cal. suppressed and it has trouble? Interesting as I was wanting to pick up a .22 suppressor for mine but maybe that will change things a bit. I know the action of the MP5 .22 is not like other MP5's as its not a true roller delayed action so maybe that has something to do with it. I just cleaned my MP5 .22 for the first time since I bought it. Had to have over 3000 rounds through it and it was still functioning perfectly I just felt guilty about not doing anything with it. It was really, really dirty.

15. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Finally got the 45° offset sight. Can’t wait to shoot it this weekend.

Attached Files:

16. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

43A618DC-4EA3-45A1-B5D6-940E9ABD5F7D.jpeg Some morning wood.
    German Weatherbys

Razr and cbush like this.
  17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I'm looking for options? What offset mount is that and what back up red dot is that?

18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Love a wood Weatherby. My Dad has a 7mm-08 Mark V that I hope he gives to my kid one day.

RonR likes this.
  19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Broome is with the "brown shit" police and you're busted.

20. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

He can Come and take it!
    [​IMG]