MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Alabama | Barber Motorsports Park | Sep 23-25

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 20, 2022.

1. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i disagree. His brother has been on this board explaining the why and how, and its a great success story. (in my opinion) :beer:

Boman Forklift and evomach like this.
  2. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

He's a talented rider for sure. I hope to see him in a different class next year on a bigger bike.

3. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

The younger generation in junior cup will learn more from Cody than another kid of similar age, experience, and maturity, so there's an argument that it's a good thing to have older riders in that class. At the end of the day, if they can't compete against a guy like Cody on a Ninja 400, are they really ready to move up to a class like super twins or SS?

backbone, Boman Forklift and tophyr like this.
  4. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Remember when Nobi was in the usgpru 125s
    Bearing him was the test. Eventually PJ did. Having that measuring stick can only help the younger kids get better.

5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Yeah, IIRC he was out of racing all together. Now there is another full time bike on the grid, more sponsors in the sport, more experience to battle test the rest of that JRcup field. Sounds like a net win to me.

Boman Forklift, tl1098 and socalrider like this.
  6. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Didn’t Nobi race Aprilia RSA/W against mostly NX4’s? Either way, all those kids who put up a good fight against him all became who’s who in AMA/MA!!

Boman Forklift and 5axis like this.
  7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

respect your opinion, but by your logic.. JH4 should be "shamed" out of racing supersport. I mean, he does after all have superbike championships, and is at least 10 yrs older than most, if not all of his competitors in that class ;)

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

If yer gonna make sense, yer gonna have to leave...

:D

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I suppose a bunch of folks in here want the Jr. Cup to also start passing out participation trophies? :rolleyes:

Boman Forklift and MELK-MAN like this.
  10. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I see SBK and SSP much more equitably. If Hayes used twins cup to run up his wins I would agree. There have historically been paid riders in the 600 class, even now. JR cup literally has "junior " in the name lol. But I understand your point, it's not black/white.

11. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

<Insert age joke about older brother defending younger brother>

12. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

With a strong history of American riders on Suzuki bikes, I've been hoping for Beaubier to get a fill in ride. I'll keep hope alive until the last round

14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

But many times the youngers we're beating him.

And Beaubier has turned back into a RUMOR on the BMW for next year.. it's not been confirmed apparently.

No. I personally would like to see the age changed. It's fucking stupid to call it the Jr cup with a 28 year old racing it. The age in my opinion should be 14-20. Period.

One more sponsor/rider in a class isn't changing any amount of revenue coming or going for a season.

If you wanted to bring in more money help some of these privateer teams out on total cost. Be it a discount on tires, or entry or something. You CANT make me believe that Yamaha and Suzuki are paying full price for tires..

Boom and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  15. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Oh, really?

16. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

Because why would you want to race supersport anyway, it is not FUN or anything!!! Old guys should not be allowed to have fun, afterall:rolleyes:

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

Then let all the mid to late 20 year olds race in jr cup

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Huh? There are no secrets in a MA paddock and outside of championship bonuses yes, they pay full price. Same in WSBK, where you pay a set price for weekend or year no matter how many tires you use.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yes 15-25 for instance.

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Dag nubit...been following Blake Davis' since he was a 14 yo. The kid strikes it rich in twins and there is silence! I know all the folks in his camp and they work their collective tails off. (Not that everyone else does too, but still). In any case, a 16YO with a number one plate with serious competition is something to be celebrated. Sorry but just peeved that all there is from RRW and MA is radio silence on this youngsters achievement. :mad::D