Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That’s pretty kick ass! :up:

2. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

SteveThompson likes this.
  3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Spooner likes this.
  4. Spooner

I agree they really don’t get much love but make some beautiful watches. For me they are a bit on the dressy side and being someone who rarely dresses up it makes it the watch I just don’t put on anymore. I was checking out there site last night and they make some killer new stuff but I have an eye on a new Tudor for myself.

Jedb likes this.
  5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Spooner likes this.
  6. Spooner

Yeah I was pretty surprised! It’s just not a super well known brand so I wasn’t sure what resale would be or how many people would even be searching for them.

7. Jedb

Recently serviced 6138-8020
    Seiko Panda on original bracelet!

Very excited to have this one back.

IMG_7482.jpg

Jed, Spooner, ChemGuy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Spooner

A1AEC4E7-B83E-47F5-84E2-B1D529AB24F0.jpeg Well I finally got a Tudor GMT today. I’ve been lusting after it since they came out a couple years back and a moment of weakness took over haha!

Hawk518, PATBAROK, vfrket and 6 others like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Looks good!!!!! Those and the Rolex's like that blow my dress up.

I will say I'm digging the 'cheapo" swatch omega's. I'm thinking that might be the first "expensive watch to me", that I purchase.

Jed likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I love Tudors and that one is killah. Just can’t get past the penis hour arm.

Tudor just throws in enough wtfs that I can’t give them my money.

11. Spooner

I’m used to them from my ranger haha! I keep trying to get into omegas and Rolexes, etc but for me Tudor nails the full aesthetic that catches my eye so I keep coming back.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Man, they just fix some small things and I’m full in. Might even switch from an IWC fanboy to Tudor. :D

and yeah, I soooo want to love the ranger. It ticks all the boxes except for the wang hands. :D

13. Spooner

It’s funny because I just can’t get into IWC at all but that’s why we have so many choices haha! My AD is a big fan of them and had me try some on but they just don’t make me go from 6 to midnight unfortunately.

14. Spooner

Oh and they have a new ranger that came out a few weeks back and they finally got one in but it lost a lot of the charm from the heritage ranger. I did like the 39mm size but that’s it.

15. Jedb

Another one I got back from the service place.
    Polished crystal, thorough service internally & cleaned case.
    Stopwatch returns to zero without any issues.
    I've added a new president bracelet from Uncle Seiko to the case, as the prior bracelet actually belonged on a Pogue.
    The background is the cover from the photography book "Beauty in Decay". LINK

Seiko_SlideRule.JPG

16. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Been drooling over that as well, but I want leather and fabric straps instead.

On the Air King thread, the latest one, yuck. Previous generation- elegant simplicity... really like those...

17. Boman Forklift

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still won't help me afford a deep sea blue but I can dream :D

19. Boman Forklift

I have no clue, how much are those and how much were they 10 years ago? It sounds like that has been one you have loved for a long time and you would probably know the older prices?

I’m just curious how crazy the market has become and I was too cheap to ever be a watch guy, although I could see getting something in the next few years.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think they were/are 10k new, never really looked used or paid much attention since it's out of the realm of possibility for me.