Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Senna likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not saying that at all. I'm asking how you see any comparison between the two cases. Other than two guys racing a series for the first time. I seriously don't see the reasoning that led you to compare their results. Even after adjusting for all variables, they are still not in the same universe.

And by the way, I am one of the people who were saying even before SDK ran his first race that people needed to give him at least a year before writing him off. So I'm not coming to this with a negative bias. I just genuinely don't see how one relates to the other.

lopitt85 likes this.
  3. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

So when a bike/rider/team are disqualified for what in this case appears to be an "illegal" motor, do they lose the points for the one race they were DQed in, lose the points for the entire weekend, or lose all their points for the season to date?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It'd be a DQ for any race where they are sealed or torn down. No teardowns Saturday so no penalty for that one. Can only DQ for things you can prove.

racesbikes likes this.
  6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

It’s annoying and frustrating when you keep comparing speeds and trap speeds especially two vastly different tracks.

such as altitudes headwinds, draft, how many were in the pack, is your kid on the gas most importantly.

you’re not learning nearly as much as you think you are by studying the live timing just so you know.

G 97 likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Y'all need to quit engaging Abu Miller al Ohio. It's been evident now for a while that this is not about learning, it's about martyrdom.

Good Lord, and soon he will be talking about football again. :D

R1Racer99, G 97, MyWayGuy and 2 others like this.
  8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:crackup:Top points for Abu Miller al Ohio.

9. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I keep seeing people repeating this claim, but I'm curious as to how MA made Petrucci DNF, without making the other 22 bikes on the grid DNF?

Britt and 418 like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, it was his claim that it caused the overheating and DNF.... Just as he's claiming he laid trackside for 2 full minutes when he can be seen on camera moving at 15-30 seconds.... :D

Dragginass and 418 like this.
  11. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

IF my brain bucket rattled around for a 100 meter tumble after that high speed get off I'm sure I'd be seeing black and then stars and then out of focus while the epic ringing in my ears made time stand still.
    I just think the guy was expecting someone, something at some point to offer some level of assistance be it a stretcher or an arm around the back. He is pretty banged up from the pics.
    Instead he got the same thing all the rubber neckers do on the interstate when Susie bumps the car in front of her while putting on her morning make up. A bunch of stares from a distance.
    I dont blame him for being off on his seconds or a little angry for the gawking versus a bit of help.

12. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

13. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Given Max Van's DQ, its ironic that Brian Van mentioned in his YT video overview of the bike a month ago that he (Brian) doesn't do the engine. He has a local guy "read the f-ing rule book, and build the motor."

14. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I mean, if I was in his position, I dont know what I would do.... If he truly feels it is not safe, he should stop.
    I really like the guy and hope he sticks around, but he has nothing to prove, I wouldnt blame him to quit.

motion likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:crackup:

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Ya know, I'm going to defer to Petrux on this. He's been racing at the top levels for a long, long time, so he has a good idea about rider safety expectations. I get that this is not MotoGP or world-level, so we can't expect the same facilities and budgets. I doubt that he's going to quit, but if he does, I don't blame him one bit.

R1Racer99 and wsmc42 like this.
  18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Waiting on Motoamerica to say something. They really should have gotten out in front of this.

lonewrench, R1Racer99, 5axis and 5 others like this.
  19. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Would be a shame to see him go. I do think it's a good thing to have people from other series come over to MA and be critical and offer suggestions on how MA can improve in any aspect. I think perhaps mentioning those items to the correct people first is probably the way to go, and a social media expose should only be a last resort if no suggestions are being evaluated.

I also can't help but think - is NO ONE else saying anything because there's not a problem, or are they not because they're ignorant, or are they not because they don't want to be chastised for it? In this case without footage (stupid) it seems like Danillo came across start/finish behind #11 and had to go wide to avoid hitting him. Why the hell was Petrux closing fast enough that he would've hit Scultz after the checkered flag? Did Scultz brake after the finish and Danillo only check up and not have time to brake? Seems odd.

Last year when we saw a Ducati rider plow into the back of Zarco coming up to grid in GP, we all immediately thought 'that was stupid, he's not watching the guy directly in front of him. He should know that everyone brake pulses to get heat into the brakes'. But in this case we're to believe that Danillo was not at all at fault and Scultz did something unexpected? Ehh.

I'm all for more competitors in MA, the racing in recent years has been a snooze because Baubier/Gagne have been runaway victors by 10 seconds per race or something, but man...4 races in and this guy can't quit whining. I just can't come to decision if it's justifiable or not. I'm sure some is and some isnt...

20. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I think this is where our wires are crossed. I'm not comparing their results. I'm saying that I dont agree with the fact that there are some who will give one rider the benefit of the doubt when he achieves lower than expected results "due to new tires". But the same group will say stick a fork in SDK. IMO, he should be the one given longer to adapt and I think his team agrees. Seems they think, like you and I, that this year is to learn, and see if there is improvement next year.