1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You should tell that to all the media and politicians. :crackup:

ToofPic likes this.
  2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Ironic isn't it?

rapidzrx and MELK-MAN like this.
  3. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

round 1 M4 had a 750 for one rider, going into round 2 the parts to legalize the 750 still aren't ready for all the teams that have the bike. So they're all racing in the same championship looking for points and 1 team has an advantage. So yes, MA has allowed M4 an advantage by having them develop the kit.

ToofPic, rapidzrx and FastByKids like this.
  4. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

seems like, based on history, the team who would complain are the one with the advantage..

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. henry_carlson

i thought of you when i was listening to josh hayes saying that he thinks the jr cup doesnt help the racers progress to the bigger bikes and how you would retort that its the best racing!

6. Suzuka_joe

what was his reasoning that jr cup doesn't help them?

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

sloppy fundamentals? He posted his reasoning in a Jr cup thread.

8. henry_carlson

"i dont think that todays junior cup bikes are teaching fantastic habits of what it takes to be successful on higher end motorcycles." he went on to say that ( i am summarizing) he seemed to think that the twins and stock 1000 bikes are better teachers for the riders.

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  9. Suzuka_joe

there was a time when you turned 14-15 and jumped onto a 600 and went Ama pro at 16 coming from a metrakit or similar gp style bike.

henry_carlson likes this.
  10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

What? And take away their bread and butter? :flag:

11. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Yes, I’m having serious doubts. RB stepped up to help one of my kids to a round. But in the back ground I’m going to be out $4k ish to get her bike to pass tech. (Replace GP body work, find stock fairing stay, quick shifter, rear shock, etc ).

Another glaring difference I’m seeing is body position on the Ninjas. Most kids come from the mini gp machines that take a certain type of body position technique to get through the corners. That style doesn’t quite translate to the Ninjas. More of a get small stay small technique. (Observed) I agree with Josh about braking techniques on the Ninja doesn’t translate to a 600 or above. Think we are seeing Rocco get deprogrammed from that this year.

Regardless of what the flame warriors in WERA THINK they know, there are some issues many teams are facing trying to stay competitive. I’ll still stand by my statement that their is a three tier system in the class.

But hey, it’s a dang good show! Especially for a small program like us. We know we can’t go further than JRC.

henry_carlson likes this.
  12. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Did Robbie just try to defend his using the word “Delta” to us “keyboard warriors”? :crackup::crackup:

13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Fair point, especially if a neutered 750 performs better than a built 600.
    Do you know which other MA teams are waiting for parts so they can run a 750, too? It will be interesting to see when some other riders have the 750 on the grid.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

There's 4 on the grid this weekend isn't there ?

15. henry_carlson

arnt the yamaha 600's mainly privateer developed? no one like m4 or ducati are putting everything they have behind it like we saw when graves was running the program.

2 more 750's on the way: dustin dominguez and luke powers are getting a 750's.

16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

150cc (and more with the ducati) advantage is a "Stupid comment".. ummkay. Meanwhile... these THREE BIKES just topped qualifying. is there more to this result such as rider, team, luck, the tune .. ? sure. but having raced guys on 750's AND on their 600's for 18 years, you tend to get a feel for this kinda thing. (Racing them in supersport and heavy weight classes/b and c classs)

ToofPic likes this.
  17. henry_carlson

i totally spaced rispoli was racing this year

18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I am wondering what will happen at Road America when the Ducati and 750 stretch their legs. Wondering if they are better for smaller tighter tracks, or are they waiting to unleash them on the big tracks.

Suzuka_joe and MELK-MAN like this.
  19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

How was the Ducati at Daytona?

20. henry_carlson

wss is balancing after this weekend and MA will balance after next round, i wonder if we will see anything abroad or domestically