1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Yeah that makes sense. Joint weekend with GP? If the family was going to visit Cam anyway, why not drag Ezra along for a race!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Cool , will you guys be running the full season?

3. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

4. Namarow

I was looking at the entry list for everything and where the hell is Landers??? If that guy is not in that does not bode well

5. koth442

Isn't he running supersport?

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

He is. I noticed a few season entries missing from that list.

7. koth442

Isn't that list *just* superbike (and SBK Cup) riders? Or is there another list that I missed? It's early, I'm not fully caffeinated yet...

8. Namarow

As far as I know that is the official list from the series. He was also trying to get a ride in Daytonna before hand. Something came last minute. He is the poster child for the system working at building new top US riders. Him and Alex Dumas I would add even though he is Canadian. To have neither in the MotoA fold and De Keyerel repeating in Twins does not sit well at all. Hopefully it was a mistake on Landers part.

9. koth442

Ah, I did miss the link to all the entry lists. Hope Rocco makes it to Supersport full season! Dude "Rocks" :)

10. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

That is the plan!

So teams can pay upfront for a full season entry, or you can register per weekend. The list I posted is only riders that have done full season entries, which I think the deadline to sign up has passed.
    Maybe he will be doing single event entries.

11. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Where, or when was the last race?

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

VIR Superbike 2008
    Had a fun battle with Scott Carpenter and Josh Day that weekend. I ran the Superstock class all season but did 4 special events in superbike at Mid Ohio and VIR sponsored by Dorna and the IndyGP to promote the race. We had Stoner’s Ducati and Rossi’s Yamaha GP bikes at those races if you were there you may remember.

The team grew and the Semi Rig operated for a few more years but my number with me on the bike didn’t. I put lots of other replacements on the track and think I used my number with Doug Polen, Scott Jensen, Josh Day, maybe Mark Crozier, Hawk Mozzata at Laguna... but they were always one offs filling in when I was going through 5 knee surgeries trying to return. 2009 I put ten different riders in the top ten, of Superbike and Daytona Sportbike, including the 200, on bikes they’d never seen before first practice of the event. Great time, sucks to have been injured but I made the best of it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  13. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

VIR 2008, was that not the round when Toriano was killed in RRC?

Definitely remember Indy… Thanks for the great reply!

27 likes this.
  14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

It was, sad day for sure. KS34 took that really hard and he had become a friend and mentor of many of us in and around our team, young and... not so young... always supportive and he was really close to the RBRC program.

Here is a feel good about that weekend... you may remember Misty Hurst... she was teamed with Josh Galstor... they raced Kawis in SS... she was noticeably upset on Thurs, like to tears....I offered support and invited her to our Rig if she needed anything. She thanked me and said she wasn’t racing that weekend and starts crying. I offered an R6 for her or anything we had... she said that’s not it she just wasn’t riding... I left it at that... 8 moths later.... she had her first born.... a little boy :) life takes and gives and I always remember that when I think of Toriano... her and John have a beautiful family in Canada and she still rides, as her entire family, and coaches for Cali Superbike School.

Anyway...

Glad you remember our efforts be it IndyGPs or any races. Whether on the track myself or helping others we always tried to inspire fans and competitors alike to enjoy every day... especially at the races!

15. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I've known and ridden with Misti for a very long time - small world!

Her and her boy were at our local Sumo track doing a one-off appearance as part of her writing features for a magazine 2 years ago and I see she was at our local racetrack VIMC last summer as well enjoying herself with our mutual racer friend Oliver Jervis and others.

27 likes this.
  16. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

man you really need to throw up some old pics from back in the day. Remember you racing close with Al Hall (RiP) and Dean Hayes back in the day. Let’s see some

koth442 and 27 like this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about you typing that out remembering where you live. Small world indeed.

Misti, Yates, and I got stuck in a make shift RV/PED test lab with two techs for hours at Mid Ohio... I’ll tell that funny story if anyone wants to hear...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  18. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

asked sean bice and he thinks that he is going to be a late entry as he is training with JH4 or is just doing club. im with you, big loss if he is not present.

Namarow likes this.
  19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I saw Rocco at Daytona, he didn't look too fit. I know he has stated to me that he hates cycling, so he does some running. His family gives everything for him to be on track, I don't know how they do it, and what kind of support they get, but it's a huge effort. I think he's a little too big for Europe- Rookies Cup didn't work out to well for him. Dumas is very fast, but the bar has been raised since he's been away from the US.

Your post seems to somehow imply that Twins is soft without Rocco- I would argue the opposite, it's more competitive than ever. There are literally 10 guys that could win on any given weekend. Jody Barry is often within a second of the lap record on the second or third flying lap of the weekend. Kaleb turned the fastest lap of the weekend at Daytona and his best finish was 8th!

Namarow, rafa and Monsterdood like this.
  20. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I took the Kaleb comment as it being unfortunate there wasn’t a ride/deal for him up in Supersport it Stock1000 as the class champ. What’s interesting to me is that there were 8-9 racers mixing it up with the Aprilia test rider, Marcon, who is also doing some Moto2 events.

Namarow, Nathey and Gino230 like this.