1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 MA Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 7, 2022.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I almost mentioned that they did win.... on 4 cylinders:D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Also seemed like they had the bike geared for the banking and sacrificed some corner drive (bike almost looked like it was in between 2nd and 3rd on 2nd gear corner exits). He rode a smart race, didn’t show all his cards, managed his tires to what seemed like close to perfection and positioned himself to throw it all on the table on the last lap. That was definitely a team effort as they had the right strategy, pit stops were good, bike was good and he did his job.

27 likes this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Ciabatta not Tardozzi... I think all of them were there in Daytona in Jan and at the test with Danilo on Dunlops ... my point is they care and it’s showing even if they are getting paid...

Didn’t mean to sound negative, hope they continue to show enthusiasm for the sport in the US... I bet they won’t run out of fuel again though...

The Great One and G 97 like this.
  4. Or the way he was riding, etc. At that level I can see gambling on the final stint or with timing of a red flag later on in the race but first stint to run out of fuel? Unless there was something funky going on with the bike that shouldn’t happen.

5. It looked like it as trying to get him a job at Space X

Trainwreck and 418 like this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well it’s just nice having Daytona back where it belongs with the top racing body in the US with better teams and better riders participating once again. Hopefully MA will included the Superbikes and stock 1000 classes next year.

StaccatoFan and 418 like this.
  7. Regardless of how much money their race department makes, they are there to win. Guys like him don’t fly over to vacation and I bet it’s a long flight home. Josh sure didn’t do himself any favors and after reading it may have been him staying out a lap too long I’d be shocked if they haven’t “suggested” another rider Pole position is long forgotten once you run out of fuel before your first pit stop. If it was last lap I’m sure they could at least swallow that but what a shit show. For a guy who constantly tries to plug his sponsors he’s sure pretty rude to the people trying to interview him. I know it doesn’t matter to him but I lost almost all respect I had left for the guy.

8. Doubt it due to tires.

sbk1198 and 418 like this.
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

The D200 race posted on MA YT channel has gotten almost 50K views since being posted less than 24 hours ago.

Maybe roadracing in US is not dead yet.

10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Let’s see the numbers... attendance, viewership, purse...

Same guy won... some of the same asses spanked... some new ones... and MA had to eat some Crowe pie and beg and borrow the crew from last year to even pull it off as we’ve seen with our very own bbsers...

@Johnny B to the checkered courtesy phone at the ocean deck please... oh wait... that was last night... he’s back at the Sea Dunes with ice ice baby...

Or @Steady T he’s in the know...

Gino230 likes this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

How about the baggers? And how great was that sandbagging show by Tyler?!?

Holy shit that thing left those hogs like a Rabi at a brisk(?) leaving the dick ring... some weird ass dick chopping bullshit going on there...

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Didn't check but they usually do pretty good as well.

The whole bagger show is a lot better in person than on TV though. The field was pretty big considering.

The trap speeds are retarded for those things. Not even sure if I believe it.

13. 418

418 Expert #59

Has anybody seen the posts about BP from Shakey Byrne and Peter Hickman?

Sounds like the both had their hands in putting that whole TOBC/Paasch deal together. Apparently PHR put that motor together?

Hickman also said he's doing the 200 next year.

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That’s my point too, well said. Those guys are real racers, before their roles, most were riders and or hands on guys. You know they were livid and embarrassed by running out of fuel. There is no way they weren’t and like I said I bet it doesn’t happen again. They won’t put themselves in the position to be embarrassed again. Not by a rider, not by a team. I bet they explain that they may be getting paid but their reputation and their Ducati name is way too valuable to them for something like this.

Two inexcusable things happened, if what is reported is true, 1. he stayed out after being told to pit. 2. The team let the bike be too close to fuel limits.

As we stated... absolutely no reason for either situation. They’re amateur egotistical selfish things.

418 likes this.
  15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

At Road America last year after the bagger race, the night of, they had over 10x as many views as SB and SS combined.curuous if that continued

418 likes this.
  16. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

So, did the twins race finish last night or did everything in Daytona vanish when the tv feed cut off?

17. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

That's not a good representation though cuz about half of those were me watching the last couple of laps over and over :D

steved57, Trainwreck and koth442 like this.
  18. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Twins race 2 happened late in the day. Started around 6:00 pm. 5-lap sprint only. It's on their Youtube channel.

19. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Did I see Herrin give a wave to his pit board and then stay out one more lap? Or was that Eslick?

20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

"where it belongs" .. ya mean, at Daytona Speedway ?? LOL.. (yes, i know what ya mean). did you see the entry list for last years that got covid cancelled? Herrin, Hayes, Sheridan Morias, BP (won it last year), Eslick, Barnes.. list goes on. About 2 big names weren't there last year that were there this year.. How bout the year before... ?
    I too think it's cool MA put it on this year and moving forward and is the opener for the supersport class now, but ya have to admit, ccs/asra did a damn good job in the past, and BIG names, lots of em, have entered recently before this year. Not saying it was better, but i think it was well done and VERY well represented, with $175k purse every year.