1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

My good friend did this to his S-10

BigBird likes this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

JohnnyB are all of the 24lemons races like yours? You’re always posting the pics of all the festivities and cool cars s and bribes and hot tubs/pools. Is it all because of you and the venue or do they all have similar atmospheres?

looks like something that is definitely worth experiencing.

3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I had an S-10. Freakin fuel pump change required dropping the tank if I recall. Piece of shit truck for the most part!

BigBird and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

that looks badass! I posted about whitewater rafting in the Freesolo thread, a few months ago maybe, and as crazy and dangerous as our trip was this looks like X1000 more so.

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I would say it's everywhere, but since we're so close to Halloween, there might be a little bit more dress up involved. All the flaggers dress up and I have already ordered my costume for next season.
    I hear a lot of the drivers say that NHMS has the most friendly, helpful staff around. I guess the fact that I stay in the paddock through the whole event helps with that.
    By all means, go and spectate! I think we're the norm for the series where $30 gives you full access for three days. Except hot pit. Nobody, not even crew, goes out to hot pit unless they're dressed head to toe with Nomex, helmet and gloves. (Other officials and I are exempt from this and I've been known to bring guests out to the Starter's bunker on occasion.) You never go hungry in the paddock at a car event!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  6. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I need to get to one in person. That looks like so much fun! I know some Wera dudes did the ATL round this year and had fun too.

Is your costume a surprise or can you share? Gnome themed?

8. Johnny B

I've already been a gnome. See picture of Kat Collins and I above.
    On Sunday at the race, Lilah was assigned to be my Assistant Starter. There was some confusion as to how to pronounce her name, so as a joke I was calling her Leeloo (Milla Jovovitch's character from The Fifth Element.) Towards the end of the day, the tower was addressing us as Lilo and Stitch. I had no idea who he was talking about until I got home and Googled it. One of the flaggers already has the costume for me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  9. Johnny B

Atlanta is a good race. The Three Pedal Mafia goes to that one, hot tub and all. That round is called the Kim Harmon Scrotium 500, named after the girl who runs things when Jay Lamm doesn't show up.
    I think the scrotium part refers to the shriveling you experience when at Road Atlanta because it's been cold AF there the last few years.

[​IMG]

10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

the pic doesn’t show up... if you’re going to be Stitch you need to be him when he’s dressed up as Elvis and do your best “ain’t nothing but a hound of” or “heartbreak hotel” or “love me tender” or or or...

If you haven’t seen the cartoon he comes to destroy and ends up saving... all the while singing Elvis songs...

One of my little ones loved Lilo and stitch! I didn’t realize that was Mila Jovavich’s character's name in 5th element...

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

things like that Scrotem reference alone makes you know you’re racing with a fun group...

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

AD2E8840-5582-4774-BDFA-A738607B6CFA.jpeg
    @Johnny B
    Do the Elvis version and get your hips into it!

13. Johnny B

It's all fun. NJMP is the Real Hoopties of New Jersey, out west is the Sears Pointless, etc., etc.
    Here's the schedule. Barber going on right now.

https://24hoursoflemons.com/schedule/

2nd place driver Amanda Tulley gets the green flag from Lilah/Leeloo/Lilo as I put away the double yellows. Unfortunately, Amanda forgot to install the hood pin clips before going on track.
    She went down 4 laps, but came back to win the race.

[​IMG]

RichB and 27 like this.
  14. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Just do it, more fun. here are few I did.

Attached Files:

RichB and 27 like this.
  15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I looked at the site and didn’t see any purse money listed... do winning teams make money? Or is this all for trophies and glory?

16. TWF2

If you win you may get bag of pennies :)

17. TWF2

It is all about finishing race, position is not important.

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Wth?!?
    So it’s a 24hr drive?!? That makes no sense... a race is a competition, a drive it’s important to get to the destination/finish.

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

So nobody is actually racing? Everyone is hanging out, driving 24 hrs and then partying?
    Sounds like spring break in high school...
    I don’t get it...

BigBird likes this.
  20. TWF2

Usually it is 2 day event, 8 hour race each day. A lot of mechanical problems.