Car dealer allocation

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 12, 2022.

1. I didnt realize the engine in the Turbo GT was actually different until I started doing more research today. I figured like everything else, it was just a software change. But the GT Division at Porsche actually changed a lot in the engine. It has different Pistons, Valves, Connecting Rods, Crankshaft, etc. The displacement is the same as the normal Turbo engine, but internally it is very different. That is where the 640hp (100hp more than the Turbo) comes from, not just from a software change like I thought.

There actually is a good bit of difference between the Turbo and Turbo GT. Not just the 100hp, it is also 17mm lower (like I said before). It has a different bumper and rear diffuser, Titanium exhaust, Carbon Fiber roof, Carbon Ceramic Brakes, additional Carbon Fiber spoiler, and the wheels are an inch wider. And then it has different axles, upgrades to the Air Suspension, and more aggressive Rear Wheel Steering.

Going down the road at 80mph, few people would be able to tell the difference. But side by side, there is a noticeable difference between the GT and a regular Turbo.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  2. I have only seen one Bentayga in person. It was at the mall in Nashville, I walked behind it. There were people around so I didnt want to mess with it too much.
    Ive never seen a Cayenne Turbo GT in person, but of course ive seen quite a few Cayennes.

I have watched 976 youtube videos of all of them. The problem is that I can't find anyone to say bad shit about either of them (aside from the price). Multiple videos have said the Turbo GT is the fastest and best handling SUV ever made (even moreso than the Anus). And of course several have said the Bentayga is the most luxurious, and the attention to detail, even on really small shit, is mind blowing.

But I want to hear the bad shit.

It is like dating a hot girl, but you dont want to marry her, because even though she is hot and cool, she does "this" and thinks like "that". So while she might be fun to date, those little "bad" things would ultimately be an issue, so you dont want to marry her.

That is the kind of stuff i want people to say about either of these vehicles. But I can't find anyone that has shit to bitch about.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

4. Ok fuck shit. I am not getting anywhere. Im gonna have to write all of this down and look at it logically, before i do something stupid like flip a coin.

Porsche

Pros:
    - 100hp more, and better handling.
    - Sounds meaner (at least in videos).
    - I like the looks of the Porsche better.
    - $30k cheaper. While not a deciding factor, it is a variable to consider.
    - Not as luxurious as the Bentley, but not a shitbox by any stretch.
    - Dealer is only 10 minutes away.

Cons:
    - Harsher ride. The GT Division really did a number on the chassis. Even in "normal" mode, it is still pretty stiff. The words commonly used are "hard, but not harsh".
    - Compared to the Bentley, it is a common vehicle. Not the Turbo GT specifically, but the Cayenne has been around for a while and is more common. It doesnt have the same "exclusivity" as the Bentely.
    - May not be worth as much in 2-3 years when I decide to shitcan it.
    - A little bit smaller, a little less trunk space.

Bentley

Pros:
    - Much more luxurious.
    - More comfortable, softer and easier ride. Especially for longer distances.
    - Bigger, more trunk space.
    - Very rare.
    - Should still be worth a lot in 2-3 years.
    - While not on the same level as the Porsche, for an SUV it is very fast and handles very well (according to all the reviews).

Cons:
    - $30k more expensive.
    - Closest dealers are in Chartlotte or Atlanta. Which means a 4hr drive any time I need a service done.

The biggest thing the Bentley has going for it, is that, well it is a Bentley. I could drive for hours in any direction and would never see another one. And the interior is on another level. Its almost like I want to wash my hands and dont want to even wear my shoes when I get in. But I don't like the fact that the dealer is so far away.

The Porsche will easily be the more fun one to drive. By all accounts it is an absolute weapon. It has a true 0-60mph time of 3.1sec (verified), and was 9 seconds faster than the Urus around the Nurburgring.

And the dealer is right down the road.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  5. BigBird likes this.
  6. Ok for shits and giggles I had to look. That damn thing starts at like $300k. That is insane. I am not doing that. I gotta draw the line somewhere.

7. I normally always get black vehicles. I think black looks nicer and more badass, especially when clean (as mine always are).

But I also like a really dark gray, as long as it has black wheels and tinted windows. I think a dark gray with black accents looks badass too.

I have never liked cars that are blue, red, brown, etc. Mine are mostly black, with a few gray ones tossed in there, and I had one white one.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

In this market it's possible, but Bentleys and the ilk usually they depreciate reallllly fast.

Porsches probably have the best residual out of any manufacturer.

you don't seem like a line drawer...don't draw lines...cross them :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. Ok, that actually is helpful.

And in terms of resale, the more rare and more expensive a vehicle gets, the smaller the potential demographic gets. I might have an easier time unassing the Porsche in 2-3 years.

BigBird likes this.
  10. Ok, I am glad I did this. This actually helped me a lot. Being able to write it all down and look at it logically worked.

The biggest factor I look for in a vehicle, is how easily and often can it make me do this ":D". The Turbo GT is the clear winner in that aspect. The Bentley would be more comfortable on longer trips, but I rarely do that. For my sprint to the gym, the TGT would be fun as balls.

Sure, the Bentley is more luxurious and while being able to say "I am in that Bentley" might be cool, I have never really been one that gives a shit about stuff like that. I dont like to talk to people anyway. The same reason why i have never liked vintage cars or bikes, and why i dont have any "collection pieces". If i could get my hands on a MotoGP or WSBK machine, I would take it to the track. For me, what matters is what a vehicle can do. For this, again the Porsche is the clear winner.

And a huge factor is the fact that the Porsche dealer is 10mins away.

When looking at it logically, the Porsche makes the most sense...for many reasons.

Decision made. I am going to the Porsche dealer now.

Thanks to everyone that helped. :beer:

cBJr, younglion, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Congrats! AND remember...they change your battery in the keyfob on the house :)

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

One thing I’ve noticed about Porsche SUV’s is that they don’t seem to age well. Headlights get that haze on them and just look tired. Yeah, probably second or third owner at that point and the maintenance is not being kept up like it should but they look like a mid thirties party girl still trying to get into the club and get free drinks on her former looks.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  13. I only need them to stay clear for 2 years, 3 at the absolute most. After that it will be someone else’s problem. :D

BigBird likes this.
  14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

[​IMG]

ChemGuy and Gorilla George like this.
  15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

You’re biggest problem is that when you get bored of this one in 2-3 years, then what? You’ll have to get the Lambo or Ferrari.

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  17. Shit. I hadn’t thought about that. Where do I go from here?

All the things that make the Bentley illogical now will still hold true in 2-3 years (with the exception of the dealership, because we will likely live in Houston then).

So hell, I don’t know. I reckon the Ferrari or Anus will be the only viable options.

But the Porsche will still have to be built and delivered. Then I’ll have it 2-3 years after that. So in reality, it could be 3-4 years before I have to make that decision. No telling what will be out then.

MotoGP69 and BigBird like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Don't worry about that. In 2-3 years after your Porsche is delivered all the top line Performance Luxury SUVs will be electric powered, so you can just keep driving the TGT until it falls apart. :D

20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That's why I'm tryna convince him to get the Avant :D