1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

70% of the planets surface is covered in water. That water is not carbonated and would be considered flat.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Or flip Guam over.

ToofPic and R Acree like this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Which just proves that our actions take a toll...

YamahaRick and R Acree like this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

:crackup:
    Great moments in congressional history.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And cancer doesn't spread in schools...

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You'd have to be drunk to live there....

Trying to guess where this is.

Pixelator and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

China. Looks like one of their ghost cities, full of buildings and almost nobody living there.
    It's an interesting story if you want to google it.

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

10. In Your Corner

Even the cat looks pissed off.

11. YamahaRick

12. YamahaRick

13. YamahaRick

14. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Friends and their flippant attitudes. :D

15. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:rtfrb:

REPOST.........ish...

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thr...-with-some-jokes.155668/page-161#post-5796129

When I was in the Navy, I was stationed in Connecticut at the submarine base. There were a few ballistic missile submarines (boomers, in Navy lingo) based out of there, which have what's called a 'Blue' crew, and a 'Gold' crew, who rotate three months home and three months at sea.

The wives of the at-sea crewmembers are referred to as 'boomer widows' and are notoriously unfaithful.

There is another sub base in Holy Loch, Scotland and more than a few boomer sailors marry women from Scotland while they're stationed there and bring them back to the states and continue their careers.

Anyway...

One night me and my buddies were out drinking and I spotted a couple of rather... let's say 'substantial' lasses talking to one another with thick accents. Not being afraid of a little bit of meat on the bones I moseyed over and pitched my line: "Are you two ladies from Scotland?"

One of them sighed and rolled her eyes and huffed, "It's Wales".

Without missing a beat, I replied, "Apologies... Are you two whales from Scotland?"

The End (of what I remember about that night)

ToofPic, RichB and YamahaRick like this.
  17. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Hahahaha, one of my best friends was stationed at both spots, and married a Scottish girl. She is a riot though and we're still friends to this day. He, unfortunately passed, though.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

19. In Your Corner

My father was a gold hat at Portsmouth, NH. When he was getting close to retirement age they started trying to push him out because he was in charge of a lot of engineers and he hadn't graduated from HS and they didn't like that.
    First, they loaned him to the Connecticut yard for a year to run some jobs there which required him to drive down from right on the NH line in MA to CT on Sunday night, stay in a motel all week, and drive back Friday night to spend two days with my mother.
    My dad was a working fiend so he handled it okay but mom didn't like it because he spent most nights hanging with the guys at the motel bar/lounge. He wasn't much for drinking but he really enjoyed the company of the other guys. He never had time for stuff like that normally, he was either at work, doing house and car repairs, or sleeping.
    Well, when they saw he wasn't phased by his reassignment and was even enjoying it, they told him he had a new assignment, two years at the Scotland base, which I'm told is a little piece of hell, bad weather, bad location, nothing to do, and he would be going without any of his crew.
    That was enough to get him to retire. They at least threw him a big retirement party and said a lot of nice things about him.

BigBird, ToofPic and auminer like this.
  20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com