Who here has been in a movie/TV show?

Discussion in 'General' started by motoboy, Sep 26, 2021.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Maybe I missed it but what movie was this?

27 and Blammo like this.
  2. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

ha. thanks. Though for every cool project there's been a had full of rough shows as well. and some rough directors to work with too. Michael Bay, for example, always presents a challenge.

27 likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Storage Wars
    In this “reality” show episode Barry finds a set of Pilot Powers in a SoCal storage locker that he buys. He decides he needs an expert(s) to inspect the tires to give him their value, so he sets off to drive about 600 miles to Utah?

Fast forward to reality and I’m doing tire research/service at the Bub Speed Trails on the Bonneville Salt Flats. A semi and trailer arrive and they unload a cool vintage truck, and next Barry arrives and then he’s driving the truck around on the salt for an hour or two with the cameras rolling. Then Barry drives over to the pits of Jody and Dave Perewitz where she’s racing a Harley there. FYI Dave Perewitz is a famous custom Harley painter/bike builder and his daughter has 15 plus records on the salt. So, cameras are rolling and Barry pulls these storage unit tires out of the bed of the truck and he asks these Harley peeps how much the sport bike tires are worth and I’m in the background of the shoot. I think they said the value is around 400 bucks and I’m there wondering why didn't Barry just go to one of the 30 plus Cycle Gear stores around southern CA. to ask the same question? But this is a “reality” show so…

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You worked on Marvel movies?!

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

My sister was in Insatiable. The scene was Alissa Milano wrestling her sister. The yard across the street from her house was where it was filmed. The 'animal talent' didn't show so she and her dog Blackjack (RIP) were asked to be the neighbor walking by watching the fight. Blackjack got paid and had a shopping spree at Petsmart with his earnings. My sister got paid for having the porta potty in her driveway for a few days

I got my son and my names in The Walking Dead once. Was on my former MILs old mill yard land that has a RR track next to it and driving out I saw some guys at a coal chute that borders the property. I drove down there with a 'Who the fuck are you' attitude since we'd had poachers. Turns out it was Russell Towery setting up for a stunt scene. He told me what they were doing, where the camera would be and the angle. I scratched my name and my son's name on the cement legs of the tower. The camera man framed it perfectly -- red headed mullet guy and black haired mullet guy talking with a long lens closeup on each of them. Right behind their heads you can see my name behind red head, and my sons name behind black hair. Towery did the zombie fall off of the coal chute when they were deciding to climb it.

On another time I was hunting there I had gotten in the woods around 3. When I came out around 7 the large gravel deck just off the road was filled with trailers and trucks plus a security guard. He was confused by a guy walking out of the woods behind the trucks in full camo with a crossbow. I was confused as to how 20 odd trucks parked there without me hearing a single one of them. MIL made about 1,000 for allowing the parking.

6. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I was in Jaws….:crackup::crackup:

Spang308 likes this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That’s cool! This was only a few months after Dust to Glory came out iirc and one of his first directing gigs. He goes by Mouse because his dad is Mike and a motorcycle guy who was his tuner and mentor for his MX career. Spent a bunch of hours hanging out bench racing and wrenching with them as they kept coming to my pit while their crew was doing other things.... like waiting on the sun to move haha. Mouse went from a factory support Honda MX ride to emptying trash cans, like Kris Kristoferson(sp), at a studio to make it in the movie biz, that’s what his dad told me, he said he didn’t like it but was supportive of his kids dreams, Dust to Glory brought the two together at least.

I hadn’t seen Dust to Glory and didn’t actually fit a few years after working with them. We traded posters and autographs which is funny to me now. They were just like any motorcycle racers. Well his dad didn’t change but Mouse definitely put on his Hollywood persona when dealing with his crew... nobody was stuck up or anything but it was weird... my handler that he assigned to me.... after awhile commented on my “image” saying. It worked for me... I laughed as I’m a halfbreed NDN hillbilly with 0 fucks to give about looks or image... My own anyway... this chick was super hot and cool once she finally let her guard down, as soon as she left the trailer she was back “on” with every interaction. I thought it must be exhausting always putting on a front. Odd industry, as I’ve noticed the same behavior during other projects I’ve done.

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

It was an extreme sports short documentary style show that was supposed to promote active positive lifestyles, I was Red Bull sponsored at the time, they were involved. I never saw the entire show, I was busy racing then, wish I had a copy now. The weirdest part was who was behind it... I almost didn’t cash my check... it was from RJ Reynolds for some settlement, maybe the kids targeted thing like Joe Camel days, through a Chicago based production company named Anonymous, odd coincidence considering... assholes taxed the shit out of it too, some union BS and actors guild BS or something like it iirc

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Hey man, just finished your show and loved it! Music is my second love after racing, I play violin and sing and used to play out a bit with buddies, recorded a bit but it was a hobby, one of us went on to make a career out of it.

I remember your posts from years back but forgot about it. I dig your sound, love the stand up groove, and wish you the best in your dreams. Hopefully the marriage comment was a joke and you’re all happy and healthy. Keep on rocking on Blammo!

Blammo likes this.
  10. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Well, this thread has turned up some interesting stuff for sure! :bow:

When I was hanging around for the Transformers extra stuff, it was so much fun, I thought "hey, wouldn't it be great to work here". Then after seeing most of the PA's and others being treated like dirt, I was a little more "I dunno...". Then when I found out that many of them were working on their own dime to "break into the business", I was happy to go back to work after the day was over. It can be a tough business for many.

Still, if you get into the right place, it seems like many fun days amongst the hard work.

27 likes this.
  11. breakneckPace

I did! a couple of them at least. but I also worked on a few on the other end of the spectrum. TMNT, Aeon Flux, X-men III. :crackup: so it ebbs and flows with good and bad. haha

BUT. I gotta get paid, so I won't complain (too much)

27 likes this.
  12. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words! Alas, the divorce is in its final stages, but as Louis CK once said, "Divorce is always good news. I know that sounds weird, but it's true because no good marriage has ever ended in divorce. That would be sad. If two people were married and ... they just had a great thing and then they got divorced, that would be really sad. But that has happened zero times." Of course, Louis likes to whack off in front of aspiring comedians so take his advice with a grain of salt.

Anyway the band had a pretty good run & it was a complete surprise to me to get married and get a record deal at 40. Even if it didn't end like I pictured (and to be honest, what really does?), it was a blast at the time, & ended up launching my art "career", so as long as I'm not really sure where I'm going, I might as well take the most interesting path I can, haha.

Also, what was that movie you filmed with Mouse and the jump? That sounds cooler than anything I could ever hope to be involved in.

27 likes this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Well hopefully you’re full of fond memories of that chapter of your life, you sure seem to have a positive outlook, life is too short for regret for sure. Your art is cool too!

I hope you’re still playing as your passion for your music resonates through the screen. It was cool watching and knowing you’re a BBS motorcycle guy too!

Music really drives me and of all the countless hours jamming in my youth I can count the times on my fingers that we all clicked and made good original music. Thankfulky we recorded all the time just in case it struck us and those good times are treasured and revisited when we’re nostalgic. So I really appreciate you guys that have done it professionally.

That stunt was used for that documentary and they said they were using it for other things along with other footage but I never saw it again. I kept in touch with my handler for awhile and she said that production company splintered after the filmed two more sports, ultralights, and whitewater kayaking. It was just another day at the time and it’s not until you’re older and life slows down until you start to reflect on how cool something was...

It was an eventful weekend...Sun morning I sliced the top of my hand open to the tendons on a Nutec fuel drum seal and had to sew it up myself so I could keep riding... the chick I was dating couldn’t even help tie the sutures.. should have left her then but drug that out another 15 years... so I’m right there with you... the dressed up fancy Hollywood girls jumped right in and blew their cover and took care of me with maternal instincts... then a racing buddy added duct tape for good measure... glove full of blood by the end of the day.

Blammo likes this.
  14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

This one time at the Indy 500... I was walking around like I owned the place and ended up stuck right beside the Borg Warner Trophy on live TV in front of millions when they locked down the grid with us still on it, then they did the famous “gentleman start your engines” and I was freaking out... that’s another funny/interesting story...

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

The animated Aeon Flux or the Charlize one? Either way those are both cool for different reasons! ;)

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You sound like a good dude :beer:

27 and Blammo like this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ben is a great dude. :up:

27 and Blammo like this.
  18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I only met one dude in my lifetime who was in a REALLY famous movie in a very obscure role, but I get a kick out of seeing him every time.

Salesman at a Porsche dealer I worked at as a lot gopher in college got a small part in True Lies as a terrorist. Just happened to answer a casting call for middle-eastern men in Florida. He still collect royalty checks from it.

This is towards the end when they're driving the trucks on the 7-mile bridge in the Keys and and they are dodging fire from the harrier jump jets. He gets killed by a pelican. :crackup:

Screenshot_1.jpg

rd400racer and 27 like this.
  19. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

if you ever have the opportunity to put "killed by a pelican" on your resumé YOU DO IT

YamahaRick, NemesisR6 and 27 like this.
  20. breakneckPace

the Charlize one. it would have been WAY cooler if I could have met her, sadly, I only got to work on her digital double. haha

27 likes this.