1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I’m sure I’ll probably as tight as you but I don’t think that’s enough of a savings for me to go freeze my ass off Every year.

I’m guessing since you’re retired you can vacation enough away from the cold stuff that it doesn’t bother you, but unfortunately I’m still working and I can’t get away if I were to live in that area

I don’t honestly think I could live there even though I know it’s beautiful, even if there was no state income tax and no sales tax and you already have an amazing license plate system set up there for cars

Maybe someday I’ll visit and decide I can’t live without it as long as I only stay during the summer months

3. Boman Forklift

If they repeal prop 13 and I get taxed at full value I could see that really dropping home values But having said that I see that Texas home values are super high and their taxes are twice as high as California %wise so maybe it wouldn’t do anything?

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Damn.... I just had an epiphany...

My mortgage rate is only a half a percent higher than my property tax rate, and this area has a much lower tax burden that most of the DFW area (for now). The house we just sold was in a school district that put the total tax burden at 2.171253 percent... my mortgage is 2.25% for 30.

[​IMG]

5. Boman Forklift

Great low mortgage rate. pretty amazing you interest rate is barely above your tax rate and if you add them together, that was a great loan interest rate 5-7 years ago.

I just refinancing and signed final papers Tuesday and we only got 2.875 with no points, no fees, no expenses. Unfortunately when I started the process the rates started ticking up. I had obstacles with being self employed, higher California balance and having two commercial property loans.

6. $3.89 here for non-Ethanol Premium.

I always get my gas at this little “mom and pop” place about 1/4mi from the house.

It’s owned by a really nice older couple, they have E0 fuel, and a super cool chocolate lab that hangs out behind the counter. When she hears me talking she will get excited and come running around the counter to play with me.

Anyway, that E0 fuel is always a little more expensive. I’m not sure how much, maybe $0.20-$0.30 per gallon or some shit like that. But it still puts normal gas over $3.50 around here.

I was being sarcastic with my wishing for $4/gal fuel. I didn’t realize we were actually almost there.

:clap::timeforabeer:
    :D

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They nick us another 40 cents for non E up here.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

You mfers....

Screenshot_20210425-170823_Gallery.jpg

9. Speaking of playing with their dog, I ended up having to tell a bitch off in the Asheville Mall yesterday because of a dog.

So I saw this guy sitting outside a jewelry store.

C7FEB5BB-64D0-45E2-8E5C-00F8BA6DCB69.jpeg

I asked his person if I could pet him. She asked if I wanted to stay there for a few mins while she shopped around in the jewelry store, and of course I did. So I sat in the floor by him while she shopped.

He was so cool. When I sat beside him, he sat up, leaned his head against me, then reached his paw up and shook my hand. We were instant friends. :D

Then this redneck holier-than-thou bitch walks by...

You know how somebody will act like they are talking to someone else, but will actually say something loud so others hear it? That’s what she did. She acted like she was talking to the soy-boy dude beside her, but she spoke very loud, right in front of us.

She made this grunt noise of disgust, and then said “I sure hope that guy washes his hands after messing with that nasty damn dog”.

I immediately said “I sure hope you shut the fuck up and mind your own damn business”.

Then she’s like “Well, I don’t think nasty mutts should be allowed in the Mall”

To which I responded “Well, I don’t think rude skankass bitches should be allowed in the Mall, but yet here you are.”

Her jaw dropped, and the dude turned towards me like he was going to say something. then I stood up. He then grabbed her arm and was like “Let’s just go”.

Then I sat back down and kept playing with my friend. :D

TX Joose, Triple X, crashman and 11 others like this.
  10. If I had already walked away from him, I might have ignored her and went on. But she said it right in front of Stangler (the dog).

Her attitude, tone of voice, and body language was shitty. He knows he is a dog, what if he understood the other shit she said? He wasn’t hurting anybody and didn’t deserve to be talked about like that.

That’s what really pissed me off about it. She said it right in front of him. Hell I’m getting pissed off about it again.

11. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

You know, Im glad you responded back. Ive begin doing that myself. Some people need a verbal lecture, an open hand or a closed fist these days, with respect to their gender identity of course:D

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

if uppercuts were legal...lol

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. The world would be a much better place. :D

I wouldn’t have hit her. But when that bitchass dude turned and stepped towards me, I was thinking “just give me a fucking reason...”

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Gorilla George, post: 5852418, member: 22732"...$3.89 here for non-Ethanol Premium...[/QUOTE]

Where on earth is that?

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Way to go my man. :clap: :bow: :crackup:

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Sorry if you are a redneck you like dogs. She was just full on pure bred skank bitch.

17. Ah, good call.

18. NE TN

I put about 18gal in Jagger and it was $71

19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Back to over $100 to fill my 7.3 excursion. Grrrrrrrrrr.

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

RV has a 75 gallon tank.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.