1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absolutely.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Just payed 3.79 for non E, regular with ethanol was 3.19. Never seen that much of difference, 60 cents, let the raping begin. :mad:

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn...and I thought bum-fuck Egypt was part of the Emirates.

4. You misspelled “winning”.

:D

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I would not think that you would be the guy cheering for corn gas... :confused:

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And the next year's budget from our wonderful governor and legislature includes a .55 cent a gal. increase to our already high gas tax.

7. Oh I’m not. I’m just cheering for the +$3/gal in general.

Obviously I hate that people have to spend more at the pump. I hate having to pay it too. But higher gas prices correlate with higher oil prices. That is a good sign (for me/us), because the damn oilfield has been in a recession since 2015 or so.

8. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

9. auminer

.55 cents is hardly noticeable... :Poke::Poke:

:D

I know what you meant. Which state is this so I can avoid it on future road trips?

10. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

That would be the shithole of NY... I can spit in PA from my front porch but Bandit isn’t so lucky.

11. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Part of the climate and community investment act( S4264),read part of it, made my head spin.Time to leave above stated shithole NY.

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The closest 0E pump to me is a good hour away if there isn’t traffic. All I need to do is strap my 5 gallon VP fuel jug on the back seat of the Tuono and I would be all set. What could go wrong with that?

13. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I ride my bikes do infrequently....
    I have been running aviation AV100 in all my bikes.
    GSXR750 SRAD
    Banshee
    Tri Z
    RZ350
    Royal Enfield
    VFR750.
    I'm getting it at the local airport way out in the middle of the California desert at about $3.60 something a gallon.
    It's 100, and leaded.... So on the 2-strokes that's GOLDEN! Plus I use klotz super techniplate synthetic 2-stroke oil with 20% castor bean oil mix...
    I do not believe I could get a better mixture for my two strokes.
    Then there's no ethanol so it doesn't come up my carburetors at all not even close the pump fuel 2 weeks in the heat they're done!!
    I'm so fucking sick of cleaning carburetors.....
    Nostalgia has its drawbacks...
    But no more fuel related ones.
    Has found a 30 gallon chemical drum so I dolly that into the airport through the man gate fill er up then back to my trailer & home keeps me going for about 6 months or so.
    I really don't ride much the Banshees the one that sucks the gas..
    6 gallon desert tank I burn in about an hour and a half. Big Ol PWK33 airstrikers....

14. auminer

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

He drinks and he knows things.

auminer likes this.
  16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wow. Over 50 cents a gallon tax hike. That state has become such a shit hole. Gee. Wonder why.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This has nothing to do with gas prices but if a person does not like dogs it really says alot about them. I would rather have a dogs around me than children but people let their snot drooling crumb snatchers run all over the place touching things, spreading germs and annoying me...
    It would have been quite funny to see the look on the guys face when he realized theat you were much bigger and much more angry looking than him.:crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

We
    Just remember no Av gas if the bike runs an O2 sensor.
    We give all our clients the same info/advice.. We deal in mainly old 2T's and carb bikes. Keep @ 100 gal here at all times.
    They all leave here with a tank of Av Gas, so we don't have to deal with their ethanol problems 'again', after they let it sit for a month.

YamahaRick and Ducti89 like this.
  19. He was feeling froggy for a few seconds. Then he quickly decided he better get some yonder. :D

crashman likes this.
  20. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Btw, Georgetown airport sells avgas. Just another location to refer people to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.