corvette coveting

Discussion in 'General' started by Motofun352, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I"ve been jonesing for a late model (95-96) C4 vette. I saw one many many years ago and it kinda stuck in my craw. Nothing fancy, 300 hp, convertible with a stick shift.....What should I look (look out) for? Is this just plain stupid? I want a car for cruisin' that I don't have to worry about every mile I put on it....that is it's not an investment, just a reliable summer toy.

2. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Why a C4? C5’s are cheap as hell and typically make WAY more power easier and cheaper.

3. Motofun352

Like I said, it was a 25 year old thing that just stuck in my brain. That and antique insurance on a vette is WAY cheaper....

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Go drive one. I took a 40th anniversary ('93) as partial trade for a car I was selling and drove it around for a month or so. Pretty underwhelming, but if you just want something to drive around with the top down and occasionally light up the tires you may like it.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

6. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

I like the C4 for the tilt nose engine and suspension access. Wish the C5 would have been the same. The C4 32 valve Lotus engine equipped version would be cool.
    Have been looking at C5's for a couple of years but I still need a truck. Have noticed C5's starting to creep up in value. One of the best if not the best values in the sportscar market IMHO

7. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

You should be able to get a nice one for 7500-10K.
    One common problem with the 6 speeds is the clutch master cylinder can go dry. If this happens it will then leak on the inside firewall and need to be replaced.
    Grounding issues.

My dream car as a kid was a white 96 drop. Do it!

8. Motofun352

Thanks for the input. Gotta be a manual though. I'm just looking to get back to the basics of jamming gears. Any real info on the "OPTISPARK" ? Everything I read says to watch out.

Scott S. likes this.
  9. BrianC636

Water pump leaks, optispark dies.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You've wanted one for awhile so go get one. :)

cav115 likes this.
  11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Optispark aren't terrible, just avoid using water anywhere near them. Stupid place to put it though!

12. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I give you credit for being a fan of the C4 :D

BigBird likes this.
  13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Who wants to buy a 2013 60th Anniversary edition convertible in white with a 427 LS7 and only 19,ooo miles? Located in northern Indiana

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

15. BrianC636

Interior and trans?

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

17. Was thinking the same thing.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey man, I was dying for another GTV6 even though doing that is full retard. Makes no sense, they are as reliable as a meth head girl friend and they suck money out of your pocket faster then an EX wife.

It's sitting up in PA in my brother's garage and it's MINE! :crackup:

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Stimpy......YOU IDIOT!!!