Honda S2000: 4 hours left. How high?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Feb 17, 2021.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

There's a $5k buyers premium as well.

2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I wish people dreamed of cars worth dreaming about, like a Testarossa.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Gimme the Honda. :D

cha0s#242 and BigBird like this.
  4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

There was a time. Friend I worked with for years bought one new, silver. When he retired a few years before me, he offered to sell it to me. His kids weren’t interested. I decided against it, but could have had it for 4500. Who knew?

scottn likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Tyler and I were out looking at cars this weekend and we were looking through the window at the Ferrari dealer, because they were closed. He asked, "that ugly one over there is the Testarossa, right?

LOL, I didn't really like those even when they were popular and I really don't think that look has aged well. I bought a 930 Turbo slant nose back in those days, and now I like the look of a normal 930 better than a slant nose.

He is making good money and thinks he wants a GT3 when he takes the plunge. However, this independent dealer had a 458 with high miles (for a Ferrari) in the same price range as a GT3. We didn't drive it, but I'm thinking I would take a 458. I think he is still leaning towards a GT3 because of the reliability and how great they drive, plus the fact you can still get a 6 speed in the GT3. I just wish I could afford one, but at least I can drive his if he buys one someday. Since he lives in NYC he won't buy one until he leaves the city, or if he does buy one sooner it will sit at our house and he will have to come home once in awhile to drive it. :)

beac83 and racerx13 like this.
  6. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I had a 2005 S2000. It's a cool car despite the soft top. Sold it to fund my track addiction, wish I had held on to it

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I’d just buy a new MX-5

BigBird likes this.
  8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I’d much rather have Magnum’s Ferrari than Crockett’s. Hands down.

9. Boman Forklift

I agree, to me a 308/328 or a Dino looks much better than a Testarossa or a Daytona even though the Testarossa is worth more than the 308/328 and the Daytona is worth more than a Dino.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

The S2000, much like the RX-8, is like a R6 with 4 wheels. At time trials, the S2000 has quicker times than cars with 100-150 more horsepower. Calling them slow and underwhelming means you've only driven them to Whole Foods, and probably the only place where you take your 5' bed Pickup truck to also.

The S2000 is a remarkable car. BUT, i would not pay that much....Cars need to be driven, not looked at.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

RRP likes this.
  12. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed very much my RSX Type-S which almost the same except develops 20hp less then S2000.
    Loved the handeling of that car and I can only imagine how much better the S2000 would be.

But ya... would NEVER give that kind of dough for that car.

BigBird likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If I remember correctly from my teens, it had the misfortune of getting unveiled at the Geneva show at the same time as the 288 GTO, easily one of the three most beautiful Ferraris ever in my opinion. Poor Testarossa never had a chance with me. Don't like it any better as a grown-up.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

A Testarossa would look great with your pastel green jacket and a mullet :D

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not even in the same class as a 280 or even a magnum PI but finally saw one of the new Supras yesterday.

That thing is definitely goooooodddd lookin'. Yeah, it's a bmw and all that shit but, it looked cool.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    BigBird likes this.
  16. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

The thing with a Testarossa is, its everything I thought a Ferrari should be.
    Its got the 12 cylinder sounds.
    Its got the gated manual trans.
    Manual Steering
    Absurd gas mileage
    Stupid low to the ground
    Engine out every 5,000 mile services for thousands of dollars.
    WHAT A MACHINE!!!!
    I've driven 308, 348, 355, 360, 430, 458 and the 488 as well as other things like California's and 599's. Nothing comes even close to what the testarossa gives you in simple driving pleasure.

BigBird, HPPT and OGs750 like this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Interesting as I wouldn't have expected that, but unlike you I haven't ever driven one. Actually a 355 is the only Ferrari I've ever driven.

Is it mainly because it is a 12? I wish I liked the looks of a Testarossa more as I've seen a few sell for 65-100k.

18. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Rob, get this one.
    Neighbor showed up with this thing. Best part was when he opened hood and there was LS in there :)

Attached Files:

TurboBlew and bored&stroked like this.
  19. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

How in the hell did they fit an LS in an Esprit?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Shoehorn and lots of cutting? :D