1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone get that stimulus check yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Apr 13, 2020.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Problem is I'm not giving them my banking info.....If they want to send me a paper check, i'll take it. Otherwise, they can keep it.

Britt likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Same here. They already had my articles of incorporation, but they wanted the bylaws too.

Aaaaaaand, we wait.

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Got the message this morning that ours is supposed to go in on the 30th, so 2 weeks since they accepted our bank info.

code3ryder likes this.
  4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

A Coworker’s dead dad got a stimulus check. I thought it maybe BS but was legit

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Bet he gets a ballot too.

K51000 likes this.
  6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

OK, figure this one out. I received a reduced deposit on 4/15 based I figure, on my inflated 2018 taxes (Mom died-inhertance). I tried to call the IRS as my 2019 taxes were back to normal. Of course you can't get through to the gooberment so I figured I'd wait it out. Checked today and $2400 was deposited...WTF...Are these fools totally out to lunch? I think somewhere in the future they'll want their money back but until then it's party time! God this give money away fiasco is totally FUBAR.

7. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Smart move. The IRS will never be able to find your banking info if you don't provide it for them. :crackup:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they don't have it already they won't deposit to your account. So yeah they could obviously get it but they won't.

9. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Try entering your address in all CAPS.

it worked for me

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

No shit...I had to deal with the IRS back in '97-ish for unpaid 941's. They were less friendly back then. It's not like they don't already 'know me'.

That's besides the point anyway...I made too much in '18 and I haven't filed my '19 taxes yet. So i'll file on July 15 or whenever the extended deadline is, and i should qualify for something if they were to use my '19 tax return. If they wanna send me a check in the mail, great, if not, IDGAF. I don't need it. I didn't ask for it. I don't want a handout. period. I earn my shit.

Motofun352 likes this.
  11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I agree 100% but you do understand that the 4 trillion dollar give away will affect you no matter what, right? I'm afraid that savings will be decimated. Trying to figure out just how to protect against that. Never been a gold bug but I've given that serious consideration.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

My wife's dead grandmother just did. Even says deceased at the end of her name. Yeah Washington.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    K51000 and tl1098 like this.
  13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Ain't this some shit??? I have never opted for direct deposit refunds. This year was the first time the wife and I filed jointly (to save her a bunch of $$ she would have owed, and costing me a couple hundo). Guess who's account $2400 landed in today? It's going into the house down payment fund, but still...

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Ours was in there this morning like they said it would be.

15. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Got ours yesterday, direct deposited,

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No date on the site for us yet but the boss is starting to cave and might let me use part of mine to get a griddle :crackup:

Britt and Funkm05 like this.
  17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I used a portion of the stimuli funds to buy a few things from Amazon. Amex had a 20% off coupon as well, saving $50 (max amount).

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. I am totally against the handouts but I am going to end up paying for part of it so I will take my tiny slice of the pie.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Man, the stories you have to tell yourself. :D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

We will not be cashing the check they sent.