Brembo Rear Caliper 2006 GSXR 1000?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by jasonhise, Feb 13, 2020.

1. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

Will this P/N fit my 2006 GSXR 1000 with stock rear brake caliper bracket or does it need a specific bracket? P/N I am questioning is: "18D23" Any help is greatly appreciated. My Google skills apparently suck today.

2. jasonhise

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm not aware of any Brembo calipers that will line up with the OEM GSXR hanger. I have seen some of those hangers for sale on the cheap on eBay from time to time.

jasonhise likes this.
  4. jasonhise

I took a gamble on this thinking it will fit as per conversation with guy selling it. Seemed somewhat knowledgeable, but I trust you guys here waaay more. If it's not a direct bolt on, guess I am searching for a bracket... More to follow.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

jasonhise likes this.
  6. jasonhise

Looks like 84mm spacing and I need the bracket or one similar listed above. Anyone have one for an 05/06 GSXR 1000? Figured I would try here first...

7. jasonhise

Just bit the bullet and paid for an adapter bracket... Thanks for the help and link @SPL170db

8. 57x

57x Out riding

I run the same bracket with a Brembo 84mm Ducati caliper. Throw away the pads it comes with and get something decent like Vesrah or CL.

jasonhise likes this.