For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You have far more faith in the general citizenship than I.

Funkm05 likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Um the possibility of repercussions isn’t limited or restricted to just the police. The recent church shooting in TX clearly illustrates this.

Both Chicago and Baltimore are more of a result of society failures in general than any police related shortcomings or issues. The culture needs to change before any lasting improvements can begin. No amount of police presence will change this.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes because we never see any instances of good samaritans. The police exist only because the general citizenship put them in place. So what makes you think it won’t continue in a similar fashion.

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Wrong again. A massive onslaught of police presence would change it. Just as a complete withdrawal of a police force would change it. Extremes on either side will have an impact, period.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: The notion that all is lost is beyond ridiculous.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And at least as many instances of people standing by making a youtube video of someone being beaten senseless. Again, I think that far more people talk a good game than would actually stand up and be counted. Criminals depend on it.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

:whoosh:
    No one is disputing the symptoms.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There are plenty of places where the police are literally hours away
    and they don't devolve into chaos.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And that has zero to do with what would happen in heavily populated areas.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

I guess we disagree. I think there are far more good peeps who would response when needed. Of course there are always out-layers as witnessed by the you tube crap which is probably not a good indication of society as a whole.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think people from smaller communities and rural setting tend to believe more in people being willing to stand up to knuckleheads. That is not so much the case in more heavily populated areas. You really cannot draw a parallel.

G 97 likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Welp, I’m headed out to my local drinking establishment, be safe ya’ll.
    and to Mongo :moon::crackup:

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Fair statement. Later dude. :)

R Acree likes this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm sure a lot of you couldn't leave anything of value unattended outside
    without seriously risking having it stolen. I don't have that problem and
    it isn't because police are guarding my stuff or because most people won't
    do anything, it's because society hasn't broken down to the point where I
    am surrounded by people who think that anything unguarded rightly belongs
    to he who steals it first.
    But even in urban settings, outside of areas where the social contract has
    broken down, most people are law-abiding or the streets would be anarchy.

15. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Hell I did the fucking job for 30 years. I knew I worked for the people. My job was to lock the bad guys up. What the courts decided to do with the shit bags was on them. I spent the last 31/2 years of my career tracking down and arresting absconded sex offenders. Didn't matter if they were in the next county, state or out of the country. If they met the federal guidelines I would present my case to the U.S. Attorneys Office for prosecution. Just in our district alone there where over 1500 registered sex offenders/predators so we stayed busy.

I didn't take the job to be on some fucking power trip. It was just a job that had to be done and I did it to the best of my ability. Didn't care about headlines, being on the 6:00 news, awards or any of that shit. I just kept my head down followed the constitution and did my job. I retired relatively unscathed and with a little bit of sanity left intact.

So hate on all you FTP'ers I hope in some small way I made society a little safer for those citizens I worked for.

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Thank you 10-15 for your service and more importantly what you truly did. I have a special hatred for pedos. You chose one of the toughest branches of law. Congrats on keeping your sanity.

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I call bullshit!! No sane person is choosing to come on here. Not even a “little” sane person.

10-15, R Acree and Quicktoy like this.
  18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The level if stupidity in this thread is making for some interesting bedfellows.

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Nicely said, well done and congrats on your retirement. I'd say 9 out of 10 LEO's also do it for the right reasons, not what these FTP clowns think or say.

As for the flag gripes, yea I guess I can see some folks who might be flag purists taking offense, I know I do with AH's who burn or step on our flag. However, with these tribute flags that we're seeing the fake outrage in here over, not so much. Whether it's the blue, red, yellow or green, none of them are meant to demean or disrespect the flag....they're more in tribute to those who have likely lost their lives in the LOD or just a sign of respect for those who dedicated their lives to a specific career sector, be it fire, police, communications or one of the military branches. To see people get up n arms over it and/or interpret it in some twisted way that fits their FTP personality is not only sad but pathetic too.

10-15 and Quicktoy like this.
  20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I’m not going (too far) down this rabbit hole. However, after teaching Civics and Government for 20+years including specific portions focusing on flag code it comes down to this for me:

4 U.S. Code § 8.Respect for flag

Part G

“The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.”

Simply put it’s wrong, it’s disrespectful, and in my opinion, it’s un-American.

Fish on.

G 97, Fonda Dix and sdg like this.