Team Hammer replacing Yoshimura

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Dec 13, 2019.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Perhaps you meant posterity. I don’t think there is any prosperity arguing with him. :D

badmoon692008 and G 97 like this.
  2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

honestly man i've been so far removed from the business side of any racing for years now (car or motorbike) that i really have no idea what the environment is like or what type of dude works at like Yamaha Powersports USA corporate or anything like that, so i can't say. you very well may be right and it is what it is then i guess. working at XM Radio a decade ago... i'd say everyone in the place had a deep passion for music, and the car marketing dudes all loved cars and racing. i'd say i'm closer to the know with regards to mountain bike stuffs and companies and parts... and most every dude or lady that works at a bike company is a hardcore mtb dude. then again... besides Trek, Specialized, SRAM... most of the other ones are quite small, but still... dudes following all the racing and big events, knowing the people, riding every day at lunch, eat/sleep/breath bikes, etc... its weird to me that motorsports stuff isn't that way. can you picture anyone working at Ohlins USA and not being into motorbikes or race cars or ATVs or something? my brain can't fathom it. i would love to work at a place like that man... my experience has been though that they are all either small and can't pay a dude like me or don't need a dude like me, or they're SUPER click-ey, and if you don't know a bunch of dudes you're never getting a callback for an interview ever (have been told this by Oakley dudes in the past flat out to my face that we met mountain biking one time).

ducnut and Senna like this.
  3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

GDR!!

drop and Steeltoe like this.
  4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Im just a small guy in the Moto America paddock but after 2 years of being involved, I have nothing but good things to say about Moto America. They're professional, they're organized, and they have been working their asses off trying to build the series and improve the TV and internet packages for the fans. Moto America didnt run anybody off. The manufacturers sales are sluggish and they are once again cutting back on their racing budgets. You want to point fingers, point them at Honda, Kawasaki, Aprilia, Ducati

ts199, JJJerry, Monsterdood and 11 others like this.
  5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

This would be good for starters. :) The good ole days when factories worked out of box trucks and Freddie couldn't hide in his motorhome. He also had to use the same atrocious Bryar restrooms that the rest of us used!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    lonewrench, Motohead8, ducnut and 2 others like this.
  6. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say they ran Rick off. From what I understand Rick had a problem because they thought they were held at tech for teardown more times then M4. The MA tech logs clearly show that's not the case. RRF lost their sponsor, which MA helped bring back, due to poor results. Attack came into the series after year 3 or so. HSBK came back last year. I hear two more teams are investing in rigs, or rig type units. All Superbike races are going to be Live on Fox 2, they have a great show on NBC Sports and their Live + streaming package I think is great. Also I've heard them say that at the first race in Atlanta, first year they had something like 70 riders and they are now in the 13o-140 range per event. I wouldn't say that is terrible. A few rigs here and their don't make the downfall of a series. I think the competition and entertainment makes it and their racing has been great and at track entertainment is pretty good as well. I hope it continues to grow.

7. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

Michael Lock has done a great job creating hype around AFT. I hope the SuperTwins thing works out. I heard Henry Wiles on a podcast and he is moving down to 450. Not sure how that works. I would think the best guys should be in the top class. Both AFT and MotoAmerica could use more teams and opportunities for top level racers that's for sure. Both are great to watch though.

8. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

People are fucking bitching non-stop... Okay yea yosh is gone, non of us have any idea as to the real reason why. For all we know they are currently talking with American Honda or are going to throw all their race money at smaller teams.

Who want's to sponsor a sport with a bunch of little bitches as fans who just cry about how it's no longer 2004? If I didn't love motorcycle racing, I wouldn't even think twice about getting into it now. My entire facebook feed is people crying about how crappy MotoAmerica is.

You know what would also help bring in new fans and sponsors and help MotoAmerica? If people would stop complaining. Let's say Guy #1 has never watched motorcycle racing. He hears Guy #2 (who races or watches) complain about how bad racing is in America and its going down hill, why the hell is guy #1 going to make an attempt to start watching?

MA is doing a great job, can we stop trying to make them crumble? And let's be happy Yosh gave us 40 years of dedication to the sport.

9. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Go easy Mike, facts from individuals that are actually intimately involved in the series are like kryptonite to some of these fellas.
    It turns them into

self-ag·gran·diz·ing

blabbermouths.

cav115 likes this.
  10. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Fucking Amen.

sometimes this place is like a depression ward at the local mental hospital and not

A FUCKING MOTORCYCLE ROADRACING FORUM.

KneeDragger_c69 and Dano711 like this.
  11. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

The end was foreseen before the Pittsburgh tech inspection fracas. The owners made a commitment for two years, and they kept that promise. New shiny things appeared somewhere else.

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I do hate to see Yoshimura leave the paddock, but I am happy for Team Hammer and I think they deserve the bump. Which is better, a team that has 2 bikes on the grid running the same class, or a team that has multiple bikes in each class? I don’t see it as a step backwards.

And quite honestly, I could care less about super bike. It’s been boring for over a decade. The smaller bikes are more exciting to watch anyway.

13. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. Chasbro

Chasbro Well-Known Member

I used to go to the races but I don't anymore. You want to know why? Because the "number plates" are so bad I can't tell who's who. Spectators shouldn't be expected to memorize everybody's livery to make sense of the race.

tl1098 and backbone like this.
  15. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Werd.

Perhaps the sport could use a leaked sex tape of some sort. I mean, look what it did for that dead lawyer’s daughter’s career or some shit?

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Nothing solves issues and makes things better like people bitching about other people bitching. Outside sponsors who have never participated in motorcycle racing in the prior forty years are now lining up with open wallets seeking sponsorship opportunities while motorcycle sales are once again at pre 2009 levels.
    Professional motorcycle racing in the US is now saved. All thanks to the secondary bitchers chastising words. :rolleyes:

Economic fundamentals and America’s general lack of passion for motorcycles be damned.

17. Umm, what?

You stopped watching races because of the number plates?

You can’t be fucking serious.

track wagon, Scotty87, drop and 5 others like this.
  18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Like Anthony Gobert in Race Track Whores? :D

19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Just picked up my new R1 last week.

Soon be gettin some Livengood greatness!

Runs pretty damn good as is!

The rest of you slackers get out there and buy a bike! :D

G 97, Gorilla George and ducnut like this.
  20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

honestly in the grand scheme of entertainment... GP was probably the worst of the racing for racing's sake to watch last season and i still enjoy it. MA was great all last year, even with small grids, its real enjoyable to watch. Moto2 and Moto3 were bonkers every race. Racing is doing good these days, this place is full of grumps.