Honda boots Lorenzo

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, May 21, 2019.

?

Is he toast

1. Yes he's out

34.0%
  2. Nope he will win more than 1 race this season

29.1%
  3. Nope.

36.9%
  1. G 97

G 97 Garth

It only takes one nerd to ruin a decent thread. :D

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I read this as "condensation" at first... works either way.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I remember him showing flashes of doing well in the beginning of the season then putting it together and winning races. Then he got injured toward the end of the year.

What does same spec mean exactly? You can say it’s the same, but you can’t just get the exact same bike as the factory boys and do as well if you don’t have the same supporting cast. LCR is an excellent team, but where they have 1 data analyst and 1 engineer Repsol has 10 of each. Not to mention all the other resources the factory has that lets the rider just focus on riding. Petrucci was on the same spec Duc last year but stepped it up this year. Doesn’t matter if the bike is the same if you don’t have the resources to get the most out of it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Pickle doesn't know what any of those words mean.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

That's why I'm waiting by the mailbox for Dave to send me that friend he mentioned ;)

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Dave is kind of old, and moldy.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They both are...

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You can’t compare adapting to an entirely new bike, riding style and new team to adapting to gradual changes on the same bike and squad. Lorenzo is unstoppable when he gets it. Yeah he’s not Stoner or Marc to simply ride around problems, but his success speaks for itself. MotoGP has changed a lot and maybe his type of razor edge performance won’t win races and championships anymore, we’ll see.

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Hot damn. I'm calling in tomorrow too.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Talked to your boss, you're fired for taking too much time off.

12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

He’s contract is with HRC, so he gets the same spec bike as the Repsol boys. I will agree with you on the makeup of his team personnel vs the Repsol team personnel being a difference maker.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Applies to most if not all world class racers. Hardly a trait unique to JL.
    Might as well just state, “He’s really hard to beat when he wins.” :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

No.

Most racers, even at their own personal best, with the best equipment and support, will never win a GP race.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

I said world class racers.
    (Never mind we are talking specifically about motoGP and motoGP racers.)
    Who’s talking about racers in general? :Poke:

16. 600 dbl are

Here, let me help you.

Most MotoGP racers, even at their personal best, with the best equipment and support, will never win a MotoGP race.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Nobody talks about racers in general.

That's where we talk about vacuums and treadmills.

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Good Lord.
    But that’s not what I stated. What part about when they get it, don’t you comprehend.
    When everything is working good for them, most world class racers are hard to beat.

No one is stating that every world class racer will win a motoGP race.:Poke:
    Derp.

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think it depends if they got there on merit or if they got there on passport/political/chequebook/dirty knees.....

Theres more "winners" on the grid now than there has been in many years past.

20. 600 dbl are

Every racer in MotoGP is a world class racer :rolleyes:

Razr likes this.