Weed

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Oct 10, 2018.

1. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Tell that to Mongo the next time you don't pass tech.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess there was no prior precedent for anyone in history outlawing a plant while there was historical precedence for things like weapons and speech. You can't predict stupid to that degree.

3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's right next to the section on abortion.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Don’t confuse real crime with vice crime.
    Already exists. All that bullshit standing on one foot, backwards abc’s, etc is meant to provide a trained officer evidence that you’re impaired. Breathalyzer is just icing on the cake.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Technically guns aren’t called out specifically either. “Well armed” could mean spears and swords, energy beams, or anything in between depending on the technology of the day.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

fingers.jpg

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Some of you guys are missing the point. We have laws against doing things that harm other people, theft, etc. The problem arises when the law tries to make assumptions of future actions. The simple act of partaking in recreational drug use harms no one but the user so there’s no reason for it to be illegal.

Sure, I could get high and commit a crime, but if I do, punish me for that crime. But punish me for just doing something that “might” lead to criminal activity? No. Hell, I think about strangling dumb motherfuckers almost every time I get on the road. Should it be illegal for me to drive? :D

Gorilla George and R1Racer99 like this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Buy stronger toilet paper, no poke-throughs.

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Kanchō!!!

12. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

What in the mother fucking fuck is that? (Yes, I googled it.)

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You and I are of similar vintage. I see far more damage done to bystanders from drinking than from weed and most other drugs. Do I support unfettered use? No. Is the current system logical, fair, or remotely effective? No. Quite frankly, I consider the lies told about MJ usage to be at least one factor in the current diminished respect for the rule of law.

Banditracer and Funkm05 like this.
  15. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Banzai

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That’s a really good point about respect for LE. As for unfettered use, I fully expect for it to be taxed and regulated to the hilt.

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

In this case the government is a mediator.

Your rights end where mine begin.

You can have the right to smoke or drink whatever you want.

I have the right to live life until I naturally expire. That’s the whole Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness thing we all agreed to in the Social Contract we abide by as citizens.

Example:

If you hit me with a car after drinking. You have infringed on my rights and will and should be held accountable.

That’s the governments role here.

Legalize it. I could care less. We need to establish intoxication levels like with alcohol with that legalization. That will help establish those boundaries of legal responsibility for when negligence causes someone’s rights to be infringed on due to injury or death. Just like alcohol. I don’t believe every state has these kind of intoxication level boundaries in the books to enforce yet.

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, I hate it when it is viewed as a tax gold mine. I believe that's been a selling point for every state that's made it legal.

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I can agree with all of that but don't expect anyone to wait around for the govt to figure out things on their end.