RV Prices and Financing

Discussion in 'General' started by kiggy74, Sep 3, 2018.

1. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Ok, they've come up in a few of my searches. What did you get from them?

2. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

That has been a major perk of having our Kenworth based super c. Any truck shop can tip the hood and handle anything truck related. The rv stuff; thank you youtube. It seems like there is a how to for every system. This spring I learned what a sail switch was and how to change it on our model furnace. Easy peazy.

panthercity likes this.
  3. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Hahaha, shop manual! Thats funny. Most manufacturers dont even have parts lists or wiring diagrams that are anywhere near accurate. Let alone manuals to tell you where to look or how to repair items.

R/T Performance and OldGuyOnBlu like this.
  4. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

I keep seeing ATC come up in my searches while looking for a toy hauler. The price premium is strong but might be worth knowing the build quality is great. I like the 3 year warranty as well.

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Winnebago's site has all sorts of reference material going back decades.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Warning! At least in the MH world, avoid units built between 2006 and 2011. The recession hit RV makers HARD and they cut corners to keep the doors open.

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

RV manufacturing has to be the laziest, most slapdash group of companies I've ever seen. There is literally no excuse for some of the work that comes out of those joints.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is a huge part of why we have the setup we do - even though a comparable class A would have had more room and probably more fancy crap inside. I can take ours to anywhere that works on semis and they'll work on it no problem as they wouldn't have to go inside and deal with anything (main issue with working on RV's especially pushers).

9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I've had one for about 2 years. 8.5 x 20 foot toy hauler.

We love it. Any issues we've had have been promptly addressed by ATC, even though I don't have a dealer close by. All my issues have never been with the trailer itself, but from the components (awning, LP valve, etc.). The trailer itself is built like a brick shithouse, and I like the fact that there literally isn't a single piece of wood anywhere in it.

Do you pay a significant premium over similar-sized units from larger manufacturers? Yes.

However, after seeing some of the processes used for the "stick and tin" toy haulers and even some of the "premium" units that can still rot from the inside out, I'm happy with our purchase.

[​IMG]

R/T Performance and TurboBlew like this.
  10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

That thing looks awesome.

My next will be either a tag axle class A and a race trailer or a semi tractor with a trailer I fit out myself.

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Truth

12. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

2013 Cyclone 3110, loved the layout, but if we had to do it again, we would by a Momentum.

13. mjkuhno

mjkuhno Member

+1 on Grand Design and their Momentum toyhaulers. We have a 2015 355 fifth wheel toyhauler and have been really happy with it. Oh sure, they’re still exposed to the rolling earthquake effect and things occur - BUT the mfg stands behind their units. I’ve still had to fix/replace/upgrade stuff I thought should have been done better but that might just be me.

14. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Being a Winnebago dealer, that is one of the reasons we do not sell other manufacturers products. You get used to decent documentation, then work on something from another manufacturer, and think WTF is this shit? Try ordering a part from some, and they want you to send a picture and dimensions of the part to try and identify it. Winnebago has a part number sticker on each piece, and great 3d parts listings.

panthercity likes this.
  15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That's one of the disappointments with our current Super C. I got so used to being able to find, and find out about, damn near everything on our 2011 Winnebago Access Premier 31NP.

Kinda makes me want to look at a Winnebago DP sometime.

16. socal

socal Well-Known Member

I bought a used Class A Diesel pusher and sold it about two years later. I ended up breaking even except for about $15k in sales tax. Lessons I learned about buying a motorhome:
    - never buy new.
    - Better to buy with some mileage vs no mileage
    - Check roof and age of tires.
    - Budget for an extended warranty.

panthercity likes this.
  17. deathblow

deathblow Well-Known Member

I’m considering an ATC 25’ with bedroom. Is there negotiating room for that? If so, how much?

R/T Performance likes this.
  18. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Not sure how far you are from Ringgold, VA but there is a huge dealership there called RV Outlet USA. I live in the Knoxville, TN area and it's 375 miles each way for me....but that's where I bought my Keystone Fuzion Impact. I only found one place in the US that had a better price, and that was in Austin, TX. It wasn't worth the 12 hour drive each way to go there for $500. I got mine for right at 33% off of MSRP, and it was a new, current model year Toy Hauler. I know they have a second dealership in SC somewhere, but the VA location was closer for me.

tawzx12r likes this.
  19. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look.

20. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

If you build it out from the factory or though an authorized dealer, probably not much.

If you can find a dealer unit there is always some wiggle room, but nowhere near the discounts you would typically see at giant RV sales lots and/or dealer shows.

deathblow likes this.