MotoGP | Red Bull Ring | Austria | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 8, 2018.

1. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'll tell you one thing, it was really funny listening to Randy DePuniet (Eurosport commentator) and Piero Taramasso (Michelin boss) try to gently explain that Scott is not intelligent enough to be a successful MotoGP racer without actually saying that he's not intelligent enough. The way they described the kind of feedback he gets to engineers was pretty damn funny. Or sad, depending on which way you look at it.

Do you have those courts from the "entire MotoGP world?" Have you somehow convinced yourself that no one pushed back on the idiocy when you were spewing it, and that you were having that conversation by yourself? Surely, you're not trying to go for round two. Just stop.

3. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Definitely not:

https://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/you...grease-through-the-broken-anus-of-the-losers/

:crackup:

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Still...not funny.

crazymofo and Dan Dubeau like this.
  5. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Don't know why, that shit just cracks me up!

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I think Redding should come to Moto America. He'd add an element of entertainment. Maybe he can accept that Aprillia test rider job and have Aprillia field a superbike over here.

7. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

Honda getting JLo was just a way for them to take some heat off MM93. Cant challenge our boy if we give you a shit bike beeotch! :Poke:

8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

What i don't get about a dude like Redding, is... is he honestly convinced that with a better bike he'd be beating Rossi, Dovi, Lorenzo, Petrucci, Vinales, Miller, Predosa, Iannone, Zarco, Crutchlow? I mean maybe you have to, to be confident and race at that level, but somebody has to lose. So at best he thinks he's a consistant 10th even with a good bike? That's still "you're getting let go" results anyways. LCR in Stoner's day had nowhere near the support that Crutchlow now has, and he was killing it. That's what you gotta do... better than expected on a shit bike, not... i could do marginally better if i had an awesome bike. I'm sure an awesome bike would make a lot of back marker GP riders look marginally better. Its all horseshit logic.

9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I'm sure Aprilia would love to keep him around after that interview. :rolleyes:

10. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Redding's mouth started writing checks that he couldn't cash during his first year in MotoGP.

The guy was fast on his day in Moto2, but he never really showed much consistency. Throw in the ego, and he was destined to fail in MotoGP. I can't really believe his criticism of Aprilia when he's on his third manufacturer in MotoGP and hasn't ever had any eye catching performances. Time to make some room for someone faster, Scott.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I think Stoner is the only LCR rider to crash more than Crutchlow. He didn't get on with the Michelin tires of that era, and bailed to Ducati.

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I haven't liked Redding since he shit talked Nicky.

Fuck him.

13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Let's compare how long and fruitful Nicky's career was in MotoGP with Scott's. :flag:

14. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Wasn't it only the 2006 season?? 2007 he was on the Duc. He would have to crash 64 times an hours to pass Cal!! :D

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

One 2nd place and 8th overall is "killing it"?

16. 2014 was a crashfest for Crutchlow. In that year (and that year only) he beat Stoner's record for crashing a LCR Honda.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So three races now, no one has said anything about Luca Marini. I think he's turning into a force to be reckoned with in Moto 2. Something clicked. Mama obviously has good genes and he starting to put them to good use.

18. Uccio, Jr. :Poke:

:D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looked good for sure but yesterday was the first Moto2 race I've watched this season.

20. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Consistent enough to finish second in his last year of Moto2...